The AnyRail Layout Planner now includes the Hornby TT:120 Track Library

RDS

First of all, I must point out I have no commercial connection with AnyRail but I have been a very satisfied customer of this excellent product for many years. My 00 layout was designed and regularly modified, using AnyRail. The customer support has always been superb and prompt.

Earlier this week I contacted AnyRail to see if Hornby TT:120 could be added to the track library and I have just received confirmation that it has now been added.

AnyRail is available as a free download which enables you to build smaller layouts but I considered it money well spent to upgrade to the unlimited size version.

I might add with Anyrail demo version you can still open larger plans to view, but not modify and save them without buying a license.

For the price of a license and the added convenience of being able to easily rework an existing plan or devise a completely new plan, its not worth the hassle of faffing about without one.

Ditto Scarm - limit 100 pieces.

I will also say the support from these software guys is first class.

Demo sure works fine like that Rob, using it now as my licence is only v4 and buried in an old laptop, current is v6 incl the Hornby TT library.

If you want to start playing, demo version will fit the double oval (basic oval plus track packs 2 and 3), then you can play from there.

I’ve ordered a set plus these packs as they will conveniently fit on my dining room table, the only room I have. I have some room for expansion. I’m thinking R4 loop outside and different siding arrangements, mainly inside the inner R2 loop. Personally, I wouldn’t use packs 4 and 5, easy to come up with better designs than these.

PS. Have contacted Customer Care as those orders, which are treated separately in the pre-order system, each have £50 shipping added to them to Aust. For the track packs, the shipping is twice their price with the 15% discount.

@Stressed Myke

Try the download. It is free with an unlimited time but limit on the number of pieces you can assemble. That was the way I started before I realised just how good it was and upgraded to the licenced version.

Not too difficult to design layouts in a number of separate designs where you can see how they fit together.

And you can design a single layout that is effectively larger than 50 pieces by doing part, gluing it, then removing straight sections and adding more curves/detailed parts. Although that means the parts list comes up short the rails you removed.

@Fishy

Could I suggest that you contact support@anyrail.com and explain that you would like (assuming you would) to move your Licence to another PC. The support that David at Anyrail has provided me in recent weeks, including adding the Hornby TT:120 track, when I asked, has been fantastic.

Dave

• 1 year later...