HM7000 decoders released?

Rallymatt

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a call from Hornby stating that even though I got an email saying the power cable had arrived at Hornby and payment has been taken, it was a glitch in the system, and this item will in fact not be coming in until March.

They asked if I would like a refund, but the cable is only about £7, so I said just keep the order as it is, and the cable will arrive when it arrives.

To echo what BB as said, any new system won’t be launched until it is proved to work - it has to be right first time.

At least one of the major IT firms has a habit of releasing products before they are fully tested and then fixing things as the faults are reported by the public but Hornby, with a smaller team, will have realised that they don’t have the resource to take that approach.

They have been quite open with information that the hardware is already in the warehouse but won’t be shipped until the control app is fully functional and fully tested.

Steve said

They have been quite open with information that the hardware is already in the warehouse but won’t be shipped until the control app is fully functional and fully tested.

The beauty is the decoders in stock are fully update able via the app to cover any changes found necessary by final testing, hence no stock is dead, in fact the app will tell you it needs an update and allow you to install it.

I contacted the seller of my HM7000 decoder and they are adamant it was shipped 13/02/23 @ 16:04 CET…. Now by Royal Mail although previously it was Whistl though in neither case was any tracking information supplied. I have questioned if they are telling the truth as the decoders have not been officially released, the response it is was shipped… not worried about the money as if it’s a scam Amazon will refund immediately but you can see why direct sales are popular with customers and manufacturers. I wonder if it’s worth anyone from Hornby following up the source of these decoders….?

…. Now by Royal Mail although previously it was Whistl though in neither case was any tracking information supplied.

Just had a delivery today via Whistl (nothing to do with model railways). Just advising that Whistl provide the main national backbone transportation, but then hand over to Royal Mail for the 'last mile' delivery. Although my parcel was handed to me by my normal Royal Mail postman at 11am this morning. The Whistl tracking is still showing my parcel located at the local Whistl depot where the tracking shows it has been for the last two days. The RM element of the delivery chain was a non tracked RM postage service. The address label on the parcel only had reference to Whistl, nothing to indicate any RM involvement.

If the company have genuinely despatched the decoders - they should have no difficulty/objection to providing you with a proof of postage code (even if they haven’t used a tracked delivery method).

If they object or are unable to provide this - an Amazon refund will be in your near future!

I contacted the seller of my HM7000 decoder and they are adamant it was shipped 13/02/23 @ 16:04 CET…. Now by Royal Mail although previously it was Whistl though in neither case was any tracking information supplied. I have questioned if they are telling the truth as the decoders have not been officially released, the response it is was shipped… not worried about the money as if it’s a scam Amazon will refund immediately but you can see why direct sales are popular with customers and manufacturers. I wonder if it’s worth anyone from Hornby following up the source of these decoders….?

I’d be interested to hear the outcome of this, because as you state, the HM7000 range hasn’t even been released, so how you’ve found a seller that has them to sell is quite interesting.

I spoke with Hornby just yesterday and they said the range won’t be released until March.

I realise if it is a scam you can get your money back but in light of alleged reported missing stock and these seemingly coming from EU (E.g the CET reference) can you post more details of your supplier as it could assist Hornby in any investigation.

In light of comments that some stock ‘may have gone missing’ this is why I am letting the thing run its course. The retailer is Rarewaves, Ihave copies of all the details of the transaction and communication with them. I am quite curious why they are so elusive on how they obtained stock on an unobtainable item and how the shipping agent has changed from Whistl to Royal Mail but neither has any tracking. RAF, what info do you/ they need?

I’m sure there is a part of the fraud act that says if you take payment for an item you don’t have to sell and claim you do, it’s fraud as is claiming you have posted something out when you didn’t, quite serious especially for a business.

Just by chance the Amazon feedback request has fallen into my inbox just now regarding this transaction unlike the decoder…..

Rarewaves.com does sell Hornby goods but no HM7000 stuff in their listings.

Their webpages are dissimilar to the Amazon feed pages.

They are listed as being in London and the address is viable, but I bet if you contacted them and asked for Nanako there would be no such soul working there and they would know nothing about your order.