More about R30283 BR, Coronation Class, 4-6-2, 46220 'Coronation' - Era 4 (Club Exclusive)

Alannora

I re- joined the Collectors Club after a 2 year gap immediately I saw the unbelievable 200 item plan for Coronation. I believe I placed an immediate order, but this month I found out that my order may have jumped the gun and so was not recognised. My Collecting is now doomed to be forever incomplete, so why should I continue.

I invite all Hornby Supporters, but especially members of the the Collectors Club, to join me in DEMANDING that Hornby re introduce this loco to the range, packed identically as the original batch and with a Certificate starting at 201.

Thank you 96RAF. Of course you are right, my disappointment, at being denied after waiting for 3 months for confirmation that one was on its way to me, took over.

Yes! Please Simon, please, please , initiate a second batch, but do so exactly per the original in order to maintain the concept of a Set, available to all Hornby Collectors rather than another variation to be obtained. All the new production could carry the Certificate Numbers 1 or 500, no matter how many they are.

Perhaps an approach from the Forum invigilators to Simon would be effective.

Thank you 96RAF. Of course you are right, my disappointment, at being denied after waiting for 3 months for confirmation that one was on its way to me, took over.

Yes! Please Simon, please, please , initiate a second batch, but do so exactly per the original in order to maintain the concept of a Set, available to all Hornby Collectors rather than another variation to be obtained. All the new production could carry the Certificate Numbers 1 or 500, no matter how many they are.

Perhaps an approach from the Forum invigilators to Simon would be effective.

R30283 BR Coronation Class 4-6-2 - 46220 "Coronation" - which is a Collectors Club Exclusive, was showing as "sold-out". However it is still showing as an item in the shop on this site under locomotives as available to pre-order!

So I pre-ordered it - all done with no hassle. I have also received an email confirming the order.

R30283 BR Coronation Class 4-6-2 - 46220 "Coronation" - which is a Collectors Club Exclusive, was showing as "sold-out". However it is still showing as an item in the shop on this site under locomotives as available to pre-order!
So I pre-ordered it - all done with no hassle. I have also received an email confirming the order.

Same here Bullied although I had to join the club, at £149.99 its hard to turn down,i also pre ordered the P2 Thane of Fife at £199.99-£15.00 in points,,,quite pleased .

• 1 month later...

I would support any request to issue more of the Coronation, R30283 and I agree that a direct, polite but direct, request to Simon Kohler may well have been the best idea. However now that it has been announced that Simon Kohler is leaving to whom should the appel be sent now?

Coronation arrived

Yes it's arrived and looks a splendid one,lovely to have a good choice of headboards too. Then again been such a collector of this class it's a good addition to have.

Plus just ordered the City of London one now.

I have to say the City of Lichfield one is still a stunner model too .

• 1 month later...