Trouble downloading RM updates recently

I have noticed that it has become impossible to by-pass Windows 10 Defender when trying to download any update for RM. Previously it was easy to say Keep and Keep Anyway, etc to get past the false positive virus alert but just recently it has become a total no-no and Defender refuses to accept my over-ride and deletes the download file.

Anyone else had the problem and have you been able to distract Defender enough to get the download.

Not that this really helps, but I have absolutely no issues downloading RM.

But this is because, firstly my third party AV protection disables 'Defender' as part of its installation and secondly, my Firefox browser has learnt through experience (see P.P.S) that RM is a false positive and now no longer throws a wobbly when I initiate a download and now gives it a clean bill of health.

Have you tried following AC's guidance with regards to Windows Security in this thread (about half way down the page):

https://uk.hornby.com/community/forum/problem-down-loading-railmaster-345519?ccm_paging_p=1

P.S I downloaded it this morning to check for availability of a later version and my download experience was as stated above.

P.P.S I had to download it consecutively for about 30 days on the trot, before Firefox finally 'gave in' and now declares the RM file safe.

Yes I do use ACs help site as a working reference.

This has only happened in the last few weeks, so I put it down to a recent Windoze update.

I can usually jump through the hoops when downloading updates including those for a similar RM type application, so the swerve procedure is well used by me as is the set-aside permissions to lull Defender into letting stuff past it’s ultra sensitive virus trapper.

The thread reply I linked to gives a specific procedure for Windows Security i.e Defender. It may be replicated on AC's website I haven't checked. For the elimination of doubt, the posted link has nothing to do directly with the AC help website persay.

Unless you check his documented procedure in the linked thread, you wont know if it is the same procedure you currently use or something alternative and different.

The extract copied and pasted below, is the AC advice I was referring to. But the 'Defender Smartscreen' configuration link (that incidently I posted originally) could do a better job as there is an option at the end of the guide to give a warning that can be overrided rather than just a temporary disablement.

"If you are being told the file cannot be downloaded then simply turn, temporarily, the threat protection part of Windows Security off.

1. Open Windows Security
  2. Click on Virus and Threat Protection
  3. Scroll down to Virus and Threat Protection Settings and click the link Manage Settings
  4. Turn off Real-time and Cloud-delivered protection (the former is the critical one here but both being off is better)
  5. Download the RM setup file and install
  6. On completion turn back on both protection settings"