Railmaster, Elite controller and HM 7020 Dongle to control points in lieu of R8247

RailMaster can already control points so it doesn’t need a dongle.

It will also be able to use a 6010 in lieu of a 8247 under DCC power - see other posts about this.

If your question is can I control my points from the HM DCC app in RM using a dongle then no as there is no interface possible between the app control and RM.

If your question is not covered by the above then please clarify what you want to do exactly.

Once we know what your question is about then we can move your post into the correct forum area, be that HM DCC (7000), RM or wherever.

The 6010 powered by DCC has exactly the same operating capability as the R8247 v2.0 once the firmware has been updated. The only real difference as explained in another post is the R8247 has 4 equal ports at 150mA each 14 volts, whereas the 6010 has 3 ports at 140mA each 14 volts and a fourth port at 500mA but 12 volts.

In RM you can effectively swap out an R8247 for a 6010 and RM wouldn’t even know.

This thread moved to RM section.

It seems to me your upgrade paths may be different and Rob might like to comment on my hypotheticals on future development?

R8247:

• currently operates with Elite alone and also with RM
  • expected that operation via Elite and dongle will allow control via HM | DCC app (current app has no accessory control functions)?

HM6010:

• currently operates the same as the 8247 via Elite and also RM
  • currently also operates via HM | DC app
  • expected the DC app will be integrated with the DCC app so full loco and accessory control available on the DCC app?

Assuming I have that correctly understood, you have a more elegant upgrade via HM6010 even if no difference now.

Almost there Fishy.

R8247 - cannot be operated by either app at present but should be operable by way of the Elite-dongle set-up later.

HM6010 can be operated by both apps at present but only with basic functionality. i.e. Points <~>, Signals red-green, Lights on-off and TT motor.

Full functionality per v2.0 is available under direct Elite DCC control. Full functionality is expected to be built into the apps later.

Neither app is expected to directly interface with RM but HM7000 decoder equipped locos will work in RM once control is flipped to DCC mode in the app. I was doing this yesterday, flipping control of a loco between the HM DCC app and TGG.

• 2 weeks later...
Almost there Fishy.
R8247 - cannot be operated by either app at present but should be operable by way of the Elite-dongle set-up later.
HM6010 can be operated by both apps at present but only with basic functionality. i.e. Points <~>, Signals red-green, Lights on-off and TT motor.
Full functionality per v2.0 is available under direct Elite DCC control. Full functionality is expected to be built into the apps later.
Neither app is expected to directly interface with RM but HM7000 decoder equipped locos will work in RM once control is flipped to DCC mode in the app. I was doing this yesterday, flipping control of a loco between the HM DCC app and TGG.

Sorry to jump in on this, does this mean that RM can use the TT port on the HM6010 in-lieu of needing a separate decoder for the turntable?

Yes - the HM6010 TT port (#4) has a beefed up output of 1/2 amp at 12 volts DC that is specifically for driving a DC turntable bed. No need to convert it to DCC to rotate it. The track can still be powered by DC or DCC according to your chosen power source.

Yes - the HM6010 TT port (#4) has a beefed up output of 1/2 amp at 12 volts DC that is specifically for driving a DC turntable bed. No need to convert it to DCC to rotate it. The track can still be powered by DC or DCC according to your chosen power source.

I'm assuming there is a setting in RM to operate this port? I have just received a turntable and decoder but if the decoder can be swapped for the HM6010 (also giving 3 ports for point control) it saves a lot of additional wiring to get it working via RM

Install it in RM as an R8247, but you will have to power it by DCC into the Track A-B terminals not by way of the external PSU Jack.

Set the port as always on and connect the A and C wires to the TT motor connections.

Unlike RM TT control the 6010 can only drive the motor one way so it will always rotate in the direction determined by the way round you connected the TT motor. You also have to turn it off when it gets to the right track.

Hi Rob,
Does that mean the TT controlled by the 6010 is run at full speed, and are ear plugs supplied?
Ray

It is Ray. Ear plugs are optional but advised in a train room with lots of sound locos running.

I shall stick to my decoder controlled TT which has speed and time set to a tad quieter noise levels.