Problems connecting

Hi

I have followed the instructions to the letter and read all the threads on this forum but every time I try to activate my key I get "unable to enter resource - 12015" and at the bottom it says "156: FTP_Connect".

When I tried sending a help message, it said unable to connect to Gateway.

I have disabled the windows firewall and have no other firewall or antivirus installed, running in administrator mode. I've tried re-installing 3 times and I've tried System restore.

Please Help! weary Patience wearing thin.

Uninstalling and reinstalling achieves nothing but make the matter worse.

If your help request is failing to go then the activation request is also failing to go, so you need to look at your PC comms set up. Some ISP providers block access if they have detected spam for instance.

All this has been reported many times on the forums and indeed there are several connection issues posts on this page alone.

If you have indeed followed all the advice to the letter simply try rebooting your router or even using your mobile phone as a temporary hot spot to prove the ISP thing. Careful if you are on paid data and not all in as any files you download can eat data.

What country are you in? Who is your Broadband provider?

Reinstalling never fixes this issue.

Go to the pinned threads at the top of the RM forum section and follow the one to the RM Help Site. This site provides 'step by step' RM installation guidance that can sometimes help with this issue. The error messages indicate that RM cannot connect with the HRMS servers and is a networking issue. Disabling the PC FW doesn't usually work either as there is another one in your ISP router. Most reports of success is usually where a mobile phone is being used as an internet connection 'hot spot' or the affected user takes their PC to a family/friend who uses a different ISP.

RAF suggested rebooting your ISP router. That is a good valid suggestion and usually fixes my intermittent occasional loss of connection to HRMS.

If you have indeed followed all the advice to the letter simply try rebooting your router or even using your mobile phone as a temporary hot spot to prove the ISP thing. Careful if you are on paid data and not all in as any files you download can eat data.

I've tried rebooting the router and I have tried using my mobile phone as a temporary hotspot.

My Router's ISP is EE and my mobile phone is with Three so I'm starting to think it can't be an ISP or IP blocking issue.

See my reply in the "Invalid Activation Key" thread (top of page 2) which provides a link to a 'workaround' fix that might work for you too. The fix invloves changing your PC Networking configuration (temporary change) to use the third party Google DNS service rather than the one defaulted to by your current EE ISP configuration.

https://uk.hornby.com/community/forum/invalid-activation-key-357462?ccm_paging_p=2#end-of-replies

If this 'workaround fix' works for you too, then please update forum with the outcome details.

Just wondered if any of the recent posters have solved their activation problems today? I have now tried three computers, one wired network, two operating systems, an EE and BT hot spot but no luck. I am based in the UK. Looking at the log.txt file it just looks like a bad response from the activation servers with 12015 errors?

Trevor, that’s two topics you have now posted in while a few of us have been trying to help other members and their problems are as yet unresolved.

Could you please raise your own new topic and members can then look to help you too. Give it a good descriptive title and then describe in detail what you are experiencing, copy in your log.txt file if that will help.

And using the 3-dot menu, could you try to delete your repeated post here please, I know that doesn’t work for everyone though.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, I have connected via the Google DNS Public server but unfortunately it made no difference, still getting unable to enter resource 12015.

I am by the way based in the UK using EE.

So in summary:

• latest version installed (right-click run as administrator when installed)
  • I am doing right-click run as administrator to run railmaster.exe
  • railmaster.exe added to Windows Defender exceptions and Firewall turned off
  • tried the User Support feature but it won't send (it now says unable to send (12015) please try again shortly)
  • tried rebooting router
  • tried connecting through mobile hotspot 'Three Mobile'
  • tried using the Google DNS server

The only possibility is a problem with the HRMS Servers?

Hi Callum,

Sorry to report you are having exactly same symptoms as I. I also see the 12015 error in the logs. Have tried connections via Plusnet as well as O2 hotspot. Reinstalls and killing AV and firewalls have made no difference to me either. I reached the same conclusion and have contacted the support teams. Will keep you posted.

Trevor

Callum, try the direct HRMS contact via support@rail-master.com and see if you can get to them on that.

I've had to do the same thing this weekend to report an issue as the help request through RM, even with all the usual FW & AV exceptions, fails to send. The log.txt file shows data is successfully sent but then fails the final verification.

I have to agree with the views that there does seem to be some gremlins at the HRMS server end this weekend, but we'll see what the feedback is from them in the week.

This from HRMS

We recently upgraded one of our activation servers, which may have caused this, but hopefully all okay now. We will be carrying our further improvements to the activation/deactivation process although this and the accompanying tests tend to be carried out at night.

All sounds positive now. I also just received this message from HRMS regarding sending support requests:

We were updating our servers over the bank holiday weekend, so this may have caused the issue you were experiencing. Try again.