Has anyone else had to change their email address on their Hornby account?

DavidG

Hello everyone.

I have a need to change my email address (my ISP is closing so this is not my choice) but when I attempt to update my details on my profile I am not able to do it. Ive contacted customer services who say this is not possible.

Has anyone else experienced this, or managed to change their email successfully?

All I've been told is I would have to create a new account, which would mean losing all of my outstanding orders and loyalty points, as well as the club access.

Changing email addresses is a known issue. It can't be done from within your own account. I'm surprised that C.S say they can't do it as I'm fairly sure that others have had it done before. I would contact C.S again and labour the point regarding your last paragraph issues.

Sounds to me like the left hand of C.S not knowing what the right hand of C.S has done before.

P.S This query should have been posted in the "website & forum feedback" section of the forum and may get moved there by a mod.

Thank you both, I have just been on the phone to CS again and have raised with IT.

Thanks mod for moving the post.

Mod note - you should be able to do it yourself from the three dot context menu. Select Edit in your original post, pick the correct forum section from the drop down, then go into the body of the post and insert a Space or full stop anywhere , then save it. The whole thread should move to the new section.