HM7000 unable to reverse motor direction using cv29

Paul Derbyshire

I have two locos fitted with HM7000 modules. One runs in the right direction as fitted the other is in a Hornby doc ready class 67 and that runs in reverse (lights also) as fitted. I’ve tried changing cv29 bits 1 and 2 but they make no difference when under Bluetooth control. However, if I switch to dcc and use my hornby elite, the loco performs correctly. I’ve tried both modules in both locos and the same thing happens in all cases. Change CV29, no effect when in Bluetooth mode but works correctly when in DCC. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone managed to resolve this issue?

I have just purchased the Hornby Turbomotive sound loco (R30131TXS) fitted with the HM7000TXS-21 Decoder but the direction is reversed under both Bluetooth and DCC controller.

I managed to change CV29 using Decoder Pro in DCC mode from 2 to 3 (Bit 0) and the DCC controller direction is now correct but Bluetooth is still reversed and I am not able to change the value of CV29 using the app but it does show the updated value.

When I look at CV29 in the app I cannot change any of the sliders for the different 'bits'.

Any help in resolving this matter wil be gartefully apprfeciated.

John Bicknell

Lancashire

• 3 months later...

This direction changing still seems to be a problem as I have just fitted a Next 18 HM decoder to a Model Rail Class 11 diesel model and it is behaving the same as for the turbomotive loco fitted with a 21 pin decoder in that:

In Bluetooth mode using the app the direction is correct with cv29 = 2 but changing to DCC mode the directions are reversed using my DCC controller.
Changing CV 29 = 3 using mmy DCC controller in program mode sorts out the DCC direction but then it is reveresed when switching to Bluetooth mode using the app!

I have downloaded and installed the latest version of ther profiles for both the Class 11 and the turbomotive.

How many members of this forum have expereieced this issue?

@John-375749 - what DCC controller are you using?

From your description, that is not the issue that this thread is about. Original issue was that the app failed to read/respond to CV29 changes & therefore direction within app couldn’t be changed!

What you are describing is that the app & your DCC controller are setup to use opposite directions.