Arnold TT:120 2024 Range

Rallymatt

I was looking more at the N section of the Arnold catalogue, particularly the new little ASF battery shunters which of course they announce just after my friend and I developed an unpowered 3D print for one :) I've pre-ordered the Arnold one in white, don't expect to see that until the end of the year.

I also noticed the photo of locos on the turntable is a Fleischmann turntable! Arnold no longer make their own, I think they dropped their track system entirely.

Hopefully as Arnold TT grows prices will match Hornby TT120.

They won't. The reason: European modellers are used to pay a lot more than UK modellers. That alone can be a reason for the higher prices on the continental models. There is no reason to make them cheap, people will buy them anyway.
I would also guess that the production quality on the continental models is higher than the UK models. Simply because expectations are higher, as you compete with the quality from PIKO, Tillig etc.
Also, Arnold TT has been around longer than Hornby TT. Since we have not seen lower prices, I do not think we will.

Yes, indeed. Arnold's TT models are of a significantly higher quality to Hornby's - they can easily command higher retails prices. Would have been awesome if Arnold were just making the UK prototypes too.

I can only comment on the Arnold TT:120 ferry vans for quality, they are very good but the similar Hornby TT:120 Vent vans are equally as good and slightly better running, the Hornby 10t tankers and brake vans.. not as good running but excellent detail and decoration.