New Forum Platform - An Update

ok, so taken a bit of time to understand it.     whether i like it,  jury still out.  All that matters to me, is   that i am able to    find my way around.   Well done to Hornby, for preserving previous forum postings.

• Like 3

I think this new platform is a huge improvement, so congratulations to those responsible. I particularly like the ability to see all recently updated threads across all subforums with an indication of threads with unread posts, and to jump straight to unread posts at the end of the thread.

A minor irritation is the number of pinned posts occupying the first page and a half of the recent posts display. I've partially bypassed this by bookmarking page 2 of the display, ie a url of https://community.hornbyhobbies.com/forum/3-hornby/page/2/, but perhaps some of these sticky threads could be combined? Or is there a way to show just threads with recent activity, ignoring pinned ones?

Another minor suggestion is to add a 'favicon' so that the Hornby logo appears on the browser's bookmark bar, as it used to with the old forum.

Regards, John

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Britannia Builder said:

Thanks Rob, I did try the Activity/Unread, but I couldn't see a way of avoiding the cars and ships from the other forums.

Regards, John

Selective reading from the list presented.

• Haha 1

Being a rather tidy person, but not to OCD extent, I don’t like the order of the forums in the list. Beyond DG and DCC, there is no logic to it. 

I prefer in order of most use, hence liking DG and DCC. 

Then what on earth is the second and empty General Discussion forum near the bottom of the list?

Edited by Fishmanoz
Working out para spacing, which seems weird

13 minutes ago, Fishmanoz said:

Being a rather tidy person, but not to OCD extent, I don’t like the order of the forums in the list. Beyond DG and DCC, there is no logic to it. 

I prefer in order of most use, hence liking DG and DCC. 

Then what on earth is the second and empty General Discussion forum near the bottom of the list?

That was a dev team attempt to split a topic and/or create a new section. It has been flagged for deletion - awaiting a result.

Ditto our request to leave the sections in the same order as before.

• Like 1