Number of HM6010 units per HM6000 (paired not connected)

Chris-381422

Hi,

I’m currently in the process of planning a DC layout, I have tested the HM6000 and HM6010 and all seems to work as advertised, I’ve even managed to get two aspect signals working via a Blocksignaling PP15 points position indicator from the same port as the point motor and also two sets of synchronised points from the same port.

As I need to operate approximately 18 sets of points, my question is…. Is the limit of three HM6010 units per HM6000, based upon paired units (provisioned ) or connected.

it would be helpful to have 4 units paired and to connect and disconnect as required up-to the Apps limit.

Hope someone can assist,

Thanks

The 6010 limit is artificial and is per app not per 6000. The modules are not linked to each other in any way, only by way of the app.

Theoretically there is no limit to the number of modules of either type, but Hornby decided to limit them as seen in the DC app. In the DCC app there is no limit to the number of 6010s.

Write to Hornby telling them you need to run more accessories and can the DC app be updated.

Thanks for the prompt reply and sorry for the duplicate post, I’ve now deleted it!

In your experience, is a request like this something that Hornby would consider? have they done this sort of thing in the past? And if likely who should I send my request too?

Regards Chris

@chris - if you send the request to hm.customercare@hornby.com - you will be speaking direct to the developer & they will respond. You can ask if there is any technical reason for the limit. If there isn’t (e.g. if limit has been imposed by ‘management’) you can ask them to forward your request to the relevant person/department.