The "new" forums are now even worse than before.

Too Tall

I mean these forums were a bit non user friendly before, but its a new level now !

Before I selected forums from the hornby main site, then the sub forum I wanted. Now I have to choose between Airfix, Hornby and Scalextric, deselect all the other forums to see what I want, and it does not even recognise that I was already logged in from the Hornby site.

I am a member of a few forums over several subjects, this one was already the most clanky i have used, now its even more so.

As you can guess, I am not a fan ! 😄

• Like 1

I floundered a little initially but, after a couple of settings changes, I can now get a feed of all new posts/activity in the Hornby forum with one or two clicks. The platform update thread provides a few tips. Not having to go into each sub forum is a godsend. 
Stick with it and you’ll hopefully find it’s actually much better than before. 

• Thanks 1

I think this will be true for many. I was completely thrown by it when we started testing, but now I have to say I think it's brilliant and a vast improvement on the previous version. R-

The jury's still for me. When I first opened it I found it a complete shambles, but then when I deselected all the forums on right and then choose just the one I wanted to read it became clearer. Is that the only way you can 'quickly' get to what you want, i.e. by deselecting the others?

9 minutes ago, Brew Man said:

The jury's still for me. When I first opened it I found it a complete shambles, but then when I deselected all the forums on right and then choose just the one I wanted to read it became clearer. Is that the only way you can 'quickly' get to what you want, i.e. by deselecting the others?

Currently, yes. Just in case you haven’t discovered it yet, tapping the emboldened word Hornby at the top of that list, either selects or deselects all of them. R-

54 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

I'm starting to warm to the new format.

The 2-day hiatus took me a little by surprise, but the changes are a good move for me, so far.

Al.

Having only been given a weeks notice. 😵‍💫

IMG_1675.jpeg

Edited by 96RAF

34 minutes ago, RogerB said:

Currently, yes. Just in case you haven’t discovered it yet, tapping the emboldened word Hornby at the top of that list, either selects or deselects all of them. R-

Good tip. Thanks Roger, that makes things a bit easier.

• Thanks 1

I genuinely distrust IT and the people in it… I know they plot for hours to make my life harder than it should be! There are ‘to me’ a few clunky elements and lack of a manual and exploded assembly diagram isn’t helping but using it and finding way round is helping me understand what the plan of the developers is. The last time I had this many badges I was in Scouts! (I achieved the model makers badge, very rare) 

9 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

I genuinely distrust IT and the people in it… I know they plot for hours to make my life harder than it should be! There are ‘to me’ a few clunky elements and lack of a manual and exploded assembly diagram isn’t helping but using it and finding way round is helping me understand what the plan of the developers is. The last time I had this many badges I was in Scouts! (I achieved the model makers badge, very rare) 

There is a Users' user manual for the generic platform and I have requested a link to it be added somewhere on the home page. It would likely save moderators and Gen-Pop from answering/asking the same questions.

I know these have been read. But i'm in the Hornby section and can see boats and cars from other two Brands. In Hornby forum, when i click the groups i want to see, it keeps those settings. But in the other two brands, i unselect them all and come out and back in and they have selected themselves again.

Here is shot of Hornby forum showing other brands in it.

image.thumb.png.b312572e471125fb3d510f8faca885ee.png

Edited by Dodge1707823134