Power Bank R7377

What are Hornby Playing at Selling the Hm 7000 decoders and then not having  the power bank in stock until the end of this  year. Not happy as they are needed to make them work reliably . Seems i have wasted a lot of money fitting these and  now having to wait to use them.😟

Edited by Andrew-1293666
Correcting

To be fair, Hornby have limited control over stock they have on order. They are, like the rest of the manufacturing industry at the mercy of component availability and other factors, which is currently problematic in many areas.

I think the thing with HM7000 is that a power interruption takes longer for the decoder to restart than traditional non-Bluetooth DCC.  I was just watching Peachy’s video for fitting one in the TT120 Pacifics. I might try it if I can get up the nerve and of course find a power bank!

I was curious to see whether I could find one of the power banks online at a stockist. They're sold out at all the big online retailers. I found only one website that claimed to have them, but I'm 99% sure that the website is a fake/scam. Buyers have searched out every last one. 

This is obviously a suboptimal situation. Hornby launched two blockbuster products in early 2023. Both TT120 and HM7000 have found their footing and devoted followings. In the longterm, that's fantastic. In the short-term, there are growing pains. These products are selling out due to higher than expected demand. People have really enjoyed the decoders and power banks. This high demand was made worse, since there were serious manufacturing problems in the Far East in 2022/2023 due to pandemic containment measures that were adopted in certain regions.

The last thing Hornby wants is to leave you without a helpful product. Hornby has strong incentives to get the power banks back in stock ASAP. Admittedly, this doesn't really help you in the short term with your problem. But that's the explanation for how we got into this situation. It's probably good to know that this is transitory, and that in the future Hornby will try to have critical products like these in stock constantly. 

I'm sorry I couldn't share happier news. It's just a waiting game now. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the expected date when the Power Bank will be back in stock?

Rails of Shefield quote "Expected Delivery Q4 2024 (Subject to Change at Manufacturer's Discretion) "

I see no date on the Hornby website.

I agree with BritInVanCA. It is the reconnection time for Bluetooth that makes the power bank more important for me when using HM7000.