How do I get rid of those silly numbers after my "JJ"???

This new forum no longer uses email address as the โ€˜unique identifierโ€™. Instead it creates one (based upon username/nickname) when you join.

Anyone who on the old forum had (unknowingly) chosen a nickname that wasnโ€™t unique, has automatically had numbers added to ensure their name (on this forum) is unique.

There is currently no way for normal users to change this - the mods have made a request to Hornby for them to provide a resolution.

Well thank you for that LTSR_NSE -well I can see 17 07 8(Not sure what the 8 is for) 1972 1 (again not sure what the 1 is for???!!!!???) but I don't think that I joined then in the year 1972!!! ๐Ÿ˜„ I did try & see if I could try & change it myself but couldn't really find a way??? ๐Ÿ™

I even thought perhaps that 1=A 2=B 3=C 4=D 5=E 6=F etc etc all the way to 26=Z & I came up with AGGHAIGBA (I left out 0 cos that can't really mean any thing???) Nope that can't be any thing either!!! ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿš‚

Ok RB51 - I'll try & not burstย a blood vessel trying to work out the relevance of the numbers!!! lol ๐Ÿ˜€ & Raf I did go to Sainsburys yesterday but didn't go to theย Deli counter!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿš‚

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya

You may have noticed that I've found a way to get rid of those silly numbers after my "JJ" - Here's how - Goto the top right of your screen & click on your name, then on the drop down menu, click on Account Settings, then on the Box Menu on the left side, click on Display name - then go from there, but please note -ย You are only permitted to make 1 change in a 365-day period. As I changed it recently it also said :-ย You are not allowed to change your display name right now as you have changed it recently. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿš‚

I think that Hornby Towers must have changed it recently b/c as I said b4 I couldn't find a way to change it - but now I have!!! ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿš‚