Self Re-setting CVs

thirdline

42 minutes ago, thirdline said:

Many thanks to RAF, yelrow and to all that replied, I’ve now updated my Elite to 1.45 following the excellent instructions sent by RAF.  My Railmaster is version 1.73, is there an upgrade for that? I want to ensure that everything is up to date before I resume problem solving.

ive noticed on Elite 1.45 it’s a bit quicker to write CVs and the functions are easier to operate.

Thanks again.

See here for latest version 1.74.5.

On 03/03/2024 at 14:32, thirdline said:

Many thanks to RAF, yelrow and to all that replied, I’ve now updated my Elite to 1.45 following the excellent instructions sent by RAF.  My Railmaster is version 1.73, is there an upgrade for that? I want to ensure that everything is up to date before I resume problem solving.

ive noticed on Elite 1.45 it’s a bit quicker to write CVs and the functions are easier to operate.

Thanks again.

You ongoing chat moved to the Railmaster section. Guideline 11 refers.

• 1 month later...

I have given up trying to sort this and I’ve sent the decoders back to Hornby, I’ve spent ages running controlled tests and have found no consistent fault trends, the self re-setting of CVs 2,3 and 4 are totally random.  A very helpful guy at Hornby thought that maybe the decoders were getting corrupted signals from my system and talked me through disabling analogue control on my Elite, unfortunately that didn’t cure the issue.  I’m very interested to see if Hornby can identify why this is happening.  They may feel the problem lies within my system, but if that’s so why does my 3rd decoder work perfectly?
I’ll keep you posted.

Try a unit reset of the Elite as often that puts all the ducks in a row again and sorts out odd issues.

Also check that if using power clips or power tracks to connect your Elite and/or connect loop to loop, that they do not have capacitors, despite what any label may say.

IMG_1467.jpeg

3 hours ago, thirdline said:

Thanks again RAF,

I don’t use clips, everything is hard wired to the rails.

How do you reset the Elite? and will I loose any data, loco names etc?

The reset procedure is in the manual. I can't remember the exact button presses, so best you read it rather than I get it wrong and confuse you.

Unfortunately a unit reset will scrub any favourites and names you have entered. Individual loco address and custom settings will be retained in the decoders.