Gallery Link error

12 minutes ago, gilbo2 said:

The penny hasn't dropped in my head yet around all this gallery stuff :classic_wink:. Why, what who when :classic_wacko:!

I am also feeling my way round generating albums and placing images, so you are not alone.

When I click that link I see an album I generated yesterday with a few Elite self test images in it.

In general if you go to your profile, one of the tabs is Albums, another is Images. Albums are those you have generated and Images are those you have posted on forum and that is where you start. Select some images and a pop up appears - click the (move) arrow and it provides dialogue to pick gallery area, then to make a new or select an existing album and to set permission as to whom may post to that album. Rinse and repeat.

It is as I say work in progress with me and when I sort it fully I may write up a how-to guide.

IMG_1726.jpeg

So (if I click and search hard enough) I have "albums" (empty), "images" (created in member albums), "my attachments" (my forum post images). Also a profile Image tab but no album tab and I do not seem to have the ability to create an Album anywhere.

I wonder if normal user accounts don't have all of this enabled yet before I try to delve further?

When I click on my avatar to access my main profile page I see this.

As you can see I now have 2 albums - one is in the Hornby gallery and the other in the members gallery.

If you do not see the gallery option then post an image of what you do see.

IMG_1727.jpeg

Just noticed this text on the create gallery image option at the top of the page. So looks like user albums are not fully rolled out yet. Interestingly, if I select use exiting album, it seems to allow me to add to the "Cranes" one which you created @96RAF?

Screenshot 2024-02-29 203006.png