Steam Images for use with HM DCC (7000) App

Due to the forum Gallery's continued access issues and low viewership, requests for more steam images by members have led me to a curated selection tailored images for the HM DCC app, ensuring full image visibility. Enhancements in colour editing and edge clipping have been applied. The images are cropped to work within the image size on the app. Below are steam images of the Princess Coronation Class for all forum members to use for their HM 7000 decoder within the HM DCC App.Enjoy.

Princess Coronation Class 'City of Salford' BR green 46257.jpg

Princess Coronation Class 'City of Edinbourgh' LMS in black 6241.jpg

Princess Coronation Class 'City of Litchfield' BR in blue 46250.jpg

Princess Coronation Class 'City of London' in British Rail 46245.jpg

• Like 2

To follow on here are several A4 locomotives including five locos from the Great Gathering's tenth anniversary. The blue 'Sir Nigel Gresley will follow as will 'Commonwealth of Australia' and 'Empire of India' in the future when I get more time. Loco images attached are 'Dominion of Canada' LNER 4489, 'Dwight D Eisenhower' BR 6008, 'Mallard' LNER 4468, 'Union of South Africa' BR 6009, 'Bittern' LNER 4464, the green BR version of 'Sir Nigel Gresley' 6007 and 'Gannet' LNER 4900.

A4 'Dominion of Canada' (blue) LNER 4489 Era 10 The Great Gathering.jpg

A4 'Dwight D Eisenhower' (green) BR 6008 Era 10 The Great Gathering-2.jpg

A4 'Mallard' LNER 4468 Era 10 The Great Gathering_.jpg

A4 'Union of South Africa' (green) BR 6009 Era 10 The Great Gathering.jpg

A4 Bittern - Great Gathering.jpg

A4 'Sir Nigel Gresley' (green) British Rail 6007_.jpg

A4 'Gannet' LNER 4900.jpg

• Like 2

This post gives all forum members the use of images of the evolution of the iconic 'Flying Scotsman,' showcasing all six Hornby Dublo models of the A1 and A3 locomotives. Additionally, it features the unique two-tender version designed for the locomotive's USA tour, alongside the latest iteration, the Era 11 model, that continues to captivate audiences today. All images are created from my collection and are intended for all forum users to freely use with their HM DCC (7000) App and decoders. All images are cropped in proportion to the required app layout. Enjoy.

A1 Flying Scotsman Era 3 orginal  1923 version with no name LNER 4472.jpg

A1 Flying Scotsman Era 3 1924 version LNER 4472.jpg

A3 Flying Scotsman Era 5 1964 Alan Pegler version LNER 4472.jpg

A3 Flying Scotsman Era 5 1964 Alan Pegler version LNER 4472.jpg

A3 Flying Scotsman Era 6 USA 1969 version LNER 4472.jpg

A3 BR Era 11 'Flying Scotsman' Dublo version.jpg

• Like 2

I have now attached a curated selection of images of my P2 locomotives, ready for operation with the HM DCC (7000) app and your HM7000 decoder. This lineup features the esteemed Hornby Collector's Club 'Thane of Fife' LNER 2005 and the distinguished 'Earl Marischal' LNER 2002. Additionally, I have added the Thompson Class 01 in classic BR black, bearing the number 63806, and the Patriot Class 5XP LMS 'Rhyl' 5521, equally impressive in black. Similar to the images showcased above, they have been processed and cropped in Lightroom for optimal display on your iPad or other devices when using the HM DCC app. Please feel free to use any of the images I created if they are useful to you. I welcome any suggestions and feedback as I reprocess some of my earlier images. If you have any loco requests from the Hornby catalogue from 2021 to 2024, please let me know. The P2 Lord President, as well as the Streamlined Princess Coronation 'Queen Elizabeth, Queen Mary, and King George', are planned once the Queen Mary arrives from Hornby next week. It was released last week, so I just ordered it.

P2 Class 'Earl Mariscal' LNER 2002 Era 3.jpg

Patriot Class 5XP 'Rhyl' in black LMS 5521.jpg

P2 Class 'Thane of Fife' LNER 2005 Era 3.jpg

Thompson Class 01 British Rail in black 63806.jpg

• Like 2

I'm pleased to share the latest image that I captured of the A4 "Sir Nigel Gresley," numbered 60007, in experimental BR blue. This locomotive (and image) completes the Great Gathering series in my Hornby collection. Please feel free to use this image for your HM7000 decoder on the HM DCC app's image screen.

Additionally, I have the A4 "Commonwealth of Australia" and "Empire of India" in my collection. Their images are yet to be processed, but I will share them in due course.

To ensure our loco images remain organized until the ‘Gallery’ works fully, I will initiate a new thread for those interested in using my diesel/electric locomotive images. This will allow us to keep our steam locomotive images in one dedicated space. Updates on my Thompson A2/A3 models will be posted later. Any image requests are welcome to any forum members. 

Thank you for your interest. The Last Ninja

A4 'SIr Nigel Gresley' in BR Experamental blue 6007 The Great Gathering.jpg

• Like 2

I was watching a youtuber today who suggesting taking pictures of your own locos in portrait format with the loco centred on screen and then when imported into the app they fit without adjustment.

• Like 1

Yes, the app needs a thin letter box of the loco in the middle of an image when importing, can still be hit and miss though. iPhone though does a better job, iPad is very fuzzy on position for some reason.

I'd take @The Last Ninja images all day, they are just the right size to import and fit the screen space without adjustment. Also, they are small in file size which is what I now know the app needs if you have lots of locos to import.

As commented on before, I'd like to see the RailMaster loco library sized large enough and made available for the app.

• Like 1

I was wondering if @96RAF or the team at Hornby would allow a WeTransfer link. The moderators could first check for viruses on the link and then and then approve a WeTransfer link as 'safe' for all my images to help everyone with the HM DCC app and their HM7000 decoders. Over to you 96RAF or should I reach out to my contacts at Hornby?  That way people can pick the size file image size to the their own needs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Last Ninja said:

I was wondering if @96RAF or the team at Hornby would allow a WeTransfer link. The moderators could first check for viruses on the link and then and then approve a WeTransfer link as 'safe' for all my images to help everyone with the HM DCC app and their HM7000 decoders. Over to you 96RAF or should I reach out to my contacts at Hornby?  That way people can pick the size file image size to the their own needs. 

Apart from clicking a link we have no way of proving it is safe with the software at hand.  I will ask Admin for their opinion.

1 hour ago, 96RAF said:

I was watching a youtuber today who suggesting taking pictures of your own locos in portrait format with the loco centred on screen and then when imported into the app they fit without adjustment.

I have been using that method since I first added loco's to the App. I have found that either portrait or landscape gives you a perfect image - no adjustment required. I use an iPhone 8.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 96RAF said:

Apart from clicking a link we have no way of proving it is safe with the software at hand.  I will ask Admin for their opinion.

Thank you @96RAF. I can update and ask Carl and George to see if they will supply my planned link to help all on the forums after checking it. If it comes from Hornby then it just gives members confidence. I will ask tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Here is the alternative build to the P2 'Thane of Fife' above. This time it is in the body shape and release as the Thompson Class A2/A3. As well as all my current Thompson A2/A3 class locos including "Sun Castle", Cock O The North, Steady Aim', and 'Chamossarie'. Like always please feel free to download and use my images on your HM7000 decoders and the HM DCC App. Most are in BR livery and the 'Chamossarie' in LNER. Enjoy

Thompson Class A2-A3 'Thane of Fife' 60505.jpg

Thompson Class A2-A3 'Cock O The North' 60501.jpg

Thompson Class A2-A3 'Chamossaire' LNER 514.jpg

Thompson Class A2-A3 'Steady Aim' 60512.jpg

Thompson Class A2-A3 'Sun Castle' 60523.jpg

• Like 2

FYI, on the topic of importing images, there are subtle differences between the way an iPhone and iPad displays locos. Essentially, an iPad in landscape mode is less forgiving with having a much narrower "letterbox" which can lead to more cropped images than the iPhone if not careful. Examples below:

Original image:

image.thumb.jpeg.2df611174e0602fd0e48d21574d7c70e.jpeg

iPhone import:

image.thumb.png.d9efc2a53ad2a317e3444b8fa977fb70.png

iPad Import (Portrait):

image.thumb.png.3ef5140bfc738797c73d65462b77416f.png

iPad, same Loco setting screen, just in Landscape mode:

image.thumb.png.50ad392137d6d82dba0471c3d36a345b.png

Another comparison:

image.thumb.png.4d7e3ecedc314f26e493e16d34f25890.png

image.thumb.png.b5b91a57969fcb0b93a32952058ed865.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Last Ninja said:

Thank you @96RAF. I can update and ask Carl and George to see if they will supply my planned link to help all on the forums after checking it. If it comes from Hornby then it just gives members confidence. I will ask tomorrow. 

I had asked my question to the forum managers not the tech department. I was awaiting their response.

It may be George will prefer to lodge your files in toto in the HM7K support documentation area rather than see them as a link on the forum area.

• Like 1

So, here is my other collection of P2's. This includes the new 'Lord President' as well as the alternative 'Cock O The North' to the build in the last post of the Thompson A2/A3 version of it. As I have said before, please feel free to use my images on the HM7000 decoders and HM DCC app. Once I get the 'Prince of Wales' with steam built in next month, I will also add that. Enjoy.

P2 Class 'Lord President' LNER 2003.jpg

P2 Class 'Earl Marischal' LNER 2002.jpg

P2 Class 'Cock O The North' LNER 2001.jpg

• Like 2

As Hornby unveiled the new sound profile for the locomotive class Princess Royal last week, I'm pleased to share my current collection of Princess Royal Class images. These images are available for all forum members to utilize with their HM DCC App, alongside the new sound profile for the HM7000 decoders. Take advantage of these images I am giving to all members to enhance your model railway experience!

Princess Royal Class 7P 'Princess Victoria' LMS 6205.jpg

Princess Royal Class 8P 'Queen Muad' BR 46211.jpg

Princess Royal Class 7P 'Princess Margret Rose 6203.jpg

• Like 3

• 96RAF featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...