TT120 HST wires rubbing on flywheel

Hi guys, i dont want to alarm anybody but it might be worth checking your motor wires are not rubbing on your flywheel in your power cars. I like to pull things apart and found my red and black wires were rubbing on the flywheel weight.. ive caught it before it turned into a problem but it may be worth looking to avoid a future short and possible decoder short happening in your locos. Il try and add a photo of said issue.. il probably tape my wires so they are pulled away from the flywheel or dab a bit of superglue to hold the wires away from the flywheel... Thought it best to say something now and hopefully it can save future headaches for people. 

There are four screws at the front and rear of the big PCB. Once removed the pcb just lifts up to reveil the motor as shown below...

17095985796613367989454575408464.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Won't be the first time I've seen that sort of problem.  I notice it's more common with Far East chassis designs where there's a lot of hard-wiring in the assembly, for example Hornby/Arnold N gauge locos that have been re-worked for production in China have far more separate wiring than the old German-made chassis which tended to use  sprung contacts routed along the block.
Are the motor wires captive to the can or soldered to the brush tags?

Edited by ntpntpntp

Would a piece of insulating tape on top of the motor be ok to hold the wires down and away from the flywheel?  
Also worth noting there’s a cheeky transparent washer for each screw between the pcb and chassis.  

• Thanks 1

I wonder when the loco is assembled in the factory whether those wires are pushed back over the motor with a thin tool and then the PCB 'clamps' them over it? Just a thought.