2024 Range Announcement - 9am 2nd April

2 minutes ago, MikeMart said:

It was short, but worth noting is that every product announced today is expected in 2024! I'm happy!

There will be some unfairly saying “is that it” but the inclusion of the Class 37 video was c;ever in demonstrating that other plans are still on track for next year. 

1 minute ago, GMD said:

Re signals - I’m surprised that they are pushing this with Peco in the mix too.

I’d suspect the Peco signals would be more detailed/scale and the Hornby ones a little more solid and functional?  The throw levers looked substantial on the renders?

• Like 1

Also - the signal pricing - home signals £2 cheaper than distant. Can’t find them on the website listings yet. And images for some of the buildings have been updated I think to show packaging. 

5 minutes ago, GMD said:

Ok, plenty to digest

But start with the J50. 

Does 6-pin mean no sound version, or is a 6 pin HM7k with sound chip coming?

No HM7000 sound for now although am sure there’ll be some with their drills at the ready to try and fit an 8 pin sound decoder (and stay-alive!) in! 

• Thanks 1

I’ve not seen the YT announcement as in a meeting at work but did click on the link on the X post and excitedly saw containers and level crossing. Maybe I should concentrate on the meeting and not preordering…..🤣

• Haha 2

2xJ50 (LNER and early BR) and Pullman dining coach "Medusa" now pre-ordered 😁

I cant find the Signals on the website so no idea on planned release for those ?

Edited by Too Tall

Only the HST sets currently seem to be showing on the website. Unclear whether the signals will be able to be digitally controlled.

Are the Peco versions GWR only? If so, upper quadrant signals are a useful addition.

From now on I expect all Hornby’s announcements to be regarding near future availability. The long range forecast at launch was just to emphasise they were serious about TT:120. J50 looks very nice.. I have  pre ordered a late crest version (presentation did mix that bit up in captions) signals look very nice (pricing mistake or yellow paint is much more expensive than red?) well it all does look superb 👍

Edited by Rallymatt
Usual
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

2xJ50 (LNER and early BR) and Pullman dining coach "Medusa" now pre-ordered 😁

I cant find the Signals on the website so no idea on planned release for those ?

The signals have been put in the 'Track Pieces' section instead of 'Buildings and Signals' (make sure you've got the 'in stock' filter off)

I hope the live Q&A quality is same as this. The sound and general presentation was so much better than we have seen previously. Ok, I wouldn’t be getting Mike to measure anything but it’s clear Hornby have at last raised their game so well done guys 👍

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

I hope the live Q&A quality is same as this. The sound and general presentation was so much better than we have seen previously. Ok, I wouldn’t be getting Mike to measure anything but it’s clear Hornby have at last raised their game so well done guys 👍

Aye, bit of a Spinal Tap Stonehenge moment there! Pre-recorded is definitely the way to go for the announcements though, sorted out all the tech problems before they hit record. Hopefully the live Q&A will have decent sound too though from what they learned last time.

• Haha 2

Am interested in the Era 5 Jinty as I used to live in Ardsley, where it was based before being withdrawn (before my time!) and then later in childhood used to get the train from Mirfield (which is where it was based before Ardsley).

Watching Jenny Kirk’s video - someone needs to tell her that the TT120 club no longer offers a discount.  

Just now, Herbie said:

Junction signal description says they are 17cm high...

Think they've mucked up with the prices too, home are cheaper than distant.

Gaugemaster are selling them at discount and have also mucked up the pricing, twin arm vs single arm.

2 minutes ago, 96RAF said:

Gaugemaster are selling them at discount and have also mucked up the pricing, twin arm vs single arm.

Looks like the distant is mistakenly priced the same as the junction signals. The home is presumably correct. Can’t cost £2 for yellow paint and a notch!

Good to see that they have integrated the Arnold container flats into the UK range. There must be plenty more wagons for the future that could satisfy both markets.

Maybe time to drop the '120' and just go for 'Hornby TT International' and use one branding for all models in this scale produced by Hornby Hobbies.

Edited by ellocoloco
Spelling

I suspect they chose the J50 because it's recently been released in OO, so had the measurements and data easily available, and provides a tank loco accompanying all those lovely Gresley pacifics. 

Welcome news adding level crossing and signals to its range.