Dimensions for new buildings

This was raised way back when the range was first launched. I think dimensions were added but clearly not the new additions. It’s such an easy thing to do but so helpful when planning or building layout to make sure everything fits. Can word be passed back to Hornby Towers about this and possibly correct the various incorrect dimensions on coaches etc which I know comes up. 😁

Agree totally, I am expecting the church this week but I’ve been trying for ages to get its footprint size

Hornby made the same church in 00 and even eBay listings don’t give the size which is very frustrating 

Fortunately the space I have allocated on the layout is big enough

39 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

Maybe Accurascale can turn to creating 1:120 figures of Father Ted explaining scale to Father Dougal? Possibly with some cows added in? 

I would buy absolutely any tv or film related tt figures with vehicles to match of course, Regan and Carter from the Sweeney, Del Boy and Rodney and Bodie and Doyle would be top of the list

Edited by Mulsanne88
  • Like 2

I think you can  get the cuttyshark  sailing ship by  airfix in 1:130 nice of a museum ship in a dock.

lucky mike didn't say TT1:120' ft that could be a hard  layout to fit in stonehenge let alone a  small house lol😊

Two buildings arrived this morning, Church 130mm x 82mm x 80mm , shepherd's rest 107mm x 50mm x 64mm 

The church has four tiny crosses on the roof, the one on the steeple has come off but luckily I found it in the bag, very small, so it's out with the superglue

Edited by Bobbing Bob
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, happy tt said:

I think you can  get the cuttyshark  sailing ship by  airfix in 1:130 nice of a museum ship in a dock.

I've got a Revell U99 submarine which is 1/125 waiting to become a static museum piece. I bought it for the Flames of War WWII game but that is 1/100 so it would suit TT:120 better.

hi david we take what we can get for now and with some good imagination and hey presto it  appears.

before our eyes, i really like the bush inn pub i will have to buy more british stuff to build my  new layout  .

thanks to me getting the class 43 HST set i could not resist  it ,My old layout is very german set in black forrest i like the piko locos i have got  nine and the rolling stock is very nice .

so i will  have to  swap them and put one away in my half of the wardrobe and take it out when i get bored that does limit the size but 5'4"in x 2'8" max is not too bad in TT120 scale😊

We certainly do take what we can get. I've just won on Ebay a painted stone model of Anne Hathaway's Cottage in 1/125 from Little Dart for the princely sum of £8.68 delivery included. It's amazing what you can find with a little time to spend. I hope it's as good in person as it is in the listing.

• Like 1

Is anyone else rather disappointed by the new Hornby ‘shops’ 

Neither have any sort of sign on them describing the type of shop so they just look like two small terraced houses

The bungalow, pub and church are great but these two shops are distinctly underwhelming 

1 hour ago, Mulsanne88 said:

Is anyone else rather disappointed by the new Hornby ‘shops’ 

Neither have any sort of sign on them describing the type of shop so they just look like two small terraced houses

The bungalow, pub and church are great but these two shops are distinctly underwhelming 

Sounds like many small shops 🤣 Interestingly the shop in open all hours wasn’t a shop but a house, same round here in a lot of the old pit villages. 

24 minutes ago, StuLarge said:

I did wonder how they could call it a shop with out a sign, and there's Rallymatt with the answer.

They do look like pretty good house models 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yes they are nice house models but I am trying to populate a high street with shops.

looks like good old 3d pluss to the rescue

There used to be a fantastic Fish and Chip shop in Matlock about 45 years ago, it was a mid terrace house and you went up the garden path to it, Run by an old lady called Winnie. No signs, the only way you knew it was there was by local knowledge.

we had shops like that mid terrace  but no gardens ,the door was always open all gone now.

it had to happen one day in the summer, i walked in the next house down open door by mistake oops sorry ,and can i have some milk trying to hide my red face 🫣,and beat a swift retreat out the door and into the right one.

yes the people in the shop did laugh so you could model it ,and add  a teen being chased out the door  down the street it could  have happened  but They knew me 😁lol🫣

• Like 1

Now a few people may have them on their layouts, how are the buildings looking in relation to each other? I saw the church, pub and bungalow on a YouTubers layout and they all looked different scales? Perhaps it was the angle or camera though. My layout is very small - even the goods shed looks quite large so I’m going to have to choose carefully. I’d be interested to know how people have got on.

The style of the church is certainly one of those small rural chapel types so although the scales are (hopefully) right the actual buildings they are based on might be what’s throwing the look out? Big South Coast retirement bungalow rather than a  tiny Scottish Island Croft. Seeing them in reality would really be helpful or next to other ‘known’ size items (not fruit I got told off for that last year)