Anyone actually seen a blue/grey mk3 yet?

Peachy

On a serious note; if I may, who recalls (probably with very fond memories) the 1977 OO version of the 125 and coaches in then current blue/grey? These absolutely blow them out of the water and they are just over half size! Power cars have all wheel drive and twin decoders with multiple light options and sound. Coaches have correct no of windows and full scale length, detail that is incredible. I still remember my asthmatic ringfield motored OO blob, that I loved,  despite blurry paint lines and huge mould lines for machine to spray to; Almost no detail on anything and here we are with TT:120 models that I think from photos and peoples reaction, look absolutely amazing. What a tremendous result from everyone at Hornby. 😁

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Mulsanne88 said:

It seems that blue grey mk3s are now starting to arrive, has anyone seen any GWR ones yet, perhaps they are on a later shipment

People have posted pics in social media of the GWR coaches. Not as many as the BR Intercity ones.

1 hour ago, Dodge1965 said:

People have posted pics in social media of the GWR coaches. Not as many as the BR Intercity ones.

That’s good , so they do exist, I still haven’t been charged for mine yet I might have to get on to HQ

Given that many are ordering 4 or more coaches each and there were likely a few hundred pre-orders of the 4 HST power car sets, the warehouse order fulfilment team must be working flat out. That’s likely 2000+ individual orders to fulfil on top of normal order volumes.

Even if 200 orders per day can be processed, it’s probably two weeks or more to get through them all  

And so it begins. In the last few minutes I received 7 notifications for blue/grey MK3s and they have entered the processing state.

Whilst writing this I have also started receiving notifications for the GWR coaches. These are all action required as the card used for the GWR MK3s expired a long time ago. Maybe I'll deal with the GWR coaches on Sunday. That'll push the payments into a different CC month 😃

Yes I received the notifications for my 4 blue/grey coaches today too. Maybe Friday is for people called Peter. An interesting order priority system if so!

Am assuming despatch will be on Monday or Tuesday 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

Yes I received the notifications for my 4 blue/grey coaches today too. Maybe Friday is for people called Peter. An interesting order priority system if so!

I called Hornby today and said Peter NEEDS his coaches.. So they said they would get on it..   I got my pre order emails as well today.. She recon's Wednesday for delivery..

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

I am not called Peter but got my notification today too.

• Like 1

The other day I mentioned just how stunning these models in TT:120 are, here is the 1977 Hornby Catalogue at the 125 HST page, I got this for Christmas 1978…. Excited doesn’t come close! 
Just compare where TT:120 is now… 😁

large.56223511-3C84-46DA-86D9-1C4111A2A154.jpeg.d715990d54d02b5879cf56583c02cd3e.jpeg

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

That coach appears deficient in the window department to the tune of 1*

*with apologies to Pete ‘n’ Dud. 

They were made shorter back then buy omitting one window, as the trains sets had R605 1st radius curves.   Later versions of the 'shorty' MK3's did have 8 windows which looked a bit better but were obviously still too short.  

A get around at the time was to use the Hornby power cars and Jouef MK3's which were scale length until the lima versions came along.

1 hour ago, Rallymatt said:

The other day I mentioned just how stunning these models in TT:120 are, here is the 1977 Hornby Catalogue at the 125 HST page, I got this for Christmas 1978…. Excited doesn’t come close! 
Just compare where TT:120 is now… 😁

large.56223511-3C84-46DA-86D9-1C4111A2A154.jpeg.d715990d54d02b5879cf56583c02cd3e.jpeg

Hmm, it's almost like it's destiny that the TT:120 version of the set should end up riding the rails of High Fell...

😉

4 minutes ago, Generic Hornby Username said:

Hmm, it's almost like it's destiny that the TT:120 version of the set should end up riding the rails of High Fell...

😉

High Fell is firmly stuck in mid 60’s some early diesels would look good

• Like 1