Latest acquisition

Ratch

Taken the plunge and bought myself the ‘kit I never got as a youngster’.
The Airfix 1/24 Stuka.
I’ve now got to think of an excuse to tell the Mrs for when it arrives

Stuka? We're all sure that was the one in the half price black Friday sale when airfix also did double flying club discount & you had so many flying hours that it was virtually free!

I got two 1/35 tanks from my lovely wife for Christmas. Both the Cromwell MkIV and MkVI and very good they are to.

I've acquired both with the corrected wheels, both kits having the eight nuts instead of the six on the earlier pressings.

I used to build amour models a few years back having mainly built aircraft models which I still do to this day.

What inspired me, or rather who, was a certain Belgium gentleman by the name of Francois Verlinden. If you're new to the hobby I suggest you seek him out on-line. There are some wonderful amour modellers out there today but if you asked who inspired them then surely his name will crop up.

Sadly he passed away in 2002 but he left behind a great legacy of his work including resin kits of 120mm figures and update kits with 1/35th scale in mind as well as books of his work. He's well worth checking out as are his kits which you can still get to this day.

Just been out spending my birthday money (3 years away from half a century as my brothers & sister gleefully tell me!) & popped into my local store, Redcar Models & Hobbies.

I picked up the land rover starter set I'd been after, but in their used section there was this bizzare plane! A blohm & boss bv141b (airfix 1/72 from 2010) for just £10!

I had to get it because it looks so unique with the cockpit to the side of the engine. Not only was it still sealed inside, it also included a sealed set of eduard masks!

A blohm & boss bv141b (airfix 1/72 from 2010) for just £10!
I had to get it because it looks so unique with the cockpit to the side of the engine. Not only was it still sealed inside, it also included a sealed set of eduard masks!

Nice find

Hi I was given a Mk1 Hurricane 1/48

Its my first model build for over 40 years since I was a boy,

I have been watching lots of videos and reading your blogs Ratch on how to build paint weather etc and I must say modelling has come on somewhat since my last attempt. Ive almost finished the hurricane and enjoying every minute.

I was buying something from amazon & needed £10 extra to spend to get free delivery....... So 4 £6.99 model kits fell in my basket!

I got

Bren gun carrier - airfix vintage classics

Sd. Kfz.234 armoured car - airfix vintage classics

25pdr feild gun & quad - airfix vintage classics

P-51D mustang - revell

Did have an issue, the mustang was factory sealed but without any instructions! Contact amazon & getting a replacement sent & also keep the original. That's a win for me!

• 2 weeks later...