Desirable features for future Railmaster Software updates

I think it would be useful to have a new diamond crossover track piece to complement the four angled (2 = vertical and 2 = horizontal) versions currently available so you don't end up with this sort of odd construction.

/media/tinymce_upload/bff884c697095d87eb7e751112bfe506.JPG

These are the four diamond crossovers currently available to save ayone looking them up.

/media/tinymce_upload/3f9c06577333a34f6955af09d7b9ad1b.JPG

R-

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RogerB

I quite agree. I use two diagonal pieces one on top of the other in the same grid cell. Marginally better, but a single piece this shape would be ideal.

/media/tinymce_upload/0f7e3e10873cf1d879a59d964313ca2b.png

Perhaps another new item for the Desirable Features thread ?

Ray

@HRMS

Desireabe features for future RailMaster Software, we have added items on here for several years and have not seen a lot of them added in the software.

I cannot help but wonder if HRMS still has a list. Maybe you could enlighten us we would be so grateful.

We add items with best intentions, many are brilliant, others are asked for again and again, yet we don't even get feed back to say we cannot do this or that because, or we will implement this or that.

Happy Christmas HRMS, can we finish this year with a little word from yourself and let us know what will be added to the software in 2019, especially items listed by guys on here wh have taken time to list them for you.

Give us a carrot (not for the reindeer) tell us of the things, that we have suggested, that will be added during 2019. Please. 

It has been mentioned before but I include it here again with more details.

Signals positioned as seen by the engine driver

/media/tinymce_upload/d288faeae53ae04d5089aaf984399be4.jpg

This example shows two examples, the one on the left show the signal for the turn out but is very confusing. The one on the right shows the signal as seen by the engine driver approaching the turn out and is very clear which way it is for and which way it is indicating

/media/tinymce_upload/aefcbb3a4c74149a8cbd15ba461a3256.jpg

The images above show an horizontal section of track as seen on our layout plan, the left is how we would put a signal now, the right shows clearly the signal as the engine driver would see it and clearly indicates to the engine driver (and us the users) the direction of travel.

As signals are at present, when several or more points are in an area, the way they are indicating is not the way they should be indicating. The signals would need to cover 8 options N, E, W, S and NE, NW, SE & SW.

The above assumes signals and feathers click together (and work) which we are hoping for in the latest update, hopefully, 'coming soon.'

• 1 month later...

Double Function=

In the Railmaster.ini file, can we have a new parameter line "Double Function=", which will have values of 0 or 1 (default 0). It will work in a similar way to the "Double Pulse=" parameter for points, but this one will apply to Function commands sent to a loco decoder. 0 = send command once, 1 = send command twice. This parameter will apply to commands sent either from a loco throttle button or from a railmaster program. My reason for requesting this is that I suspect that, occasionally, the odd command doesn't reach the controller from the PC. A double send is simply to reduce the possibility of this happening, not only to ensure that a function is switched on or off by the decoder, but also to keep Railmaster in sync with the controller and loco decoder. The doubling will also apply to "spot" function commands, so two "on" commands will be followed by two "off" commands.

Ray

• 4 weeks later...

@PJ_model_trains

I have to say I wonder why anyone posts on this thread as not many of the features seem to be taken up. I checked to day -  this thread has 70,000 views and runs to 50 pages of well intentioned if not always practical ideas. Despite this we can't see any progress so I have some practical magic for the software company and Hornby who look after Rail master.  Have a separate forum for RailMaster improvements as it's essentially a thrid party product anyway. Then allow users to add ideas and search and upvote them to avoid duplicates, and work out what has broad support.  Once an idea hits a threshold mark, say a hundred votes then evaluate it and mark it as "under consideration",  "being worked on" etc. or why you aren't goign to take it further forward if that's the decison. heres an example of what I mean  - https://xboxideas.uservoice.com/

I do have to declare that I work for these people to pay for my trains, but this is not to advertise thta site purely as an illustraion of how it might work

• 2 weeks later...

I have taken my railmaster/Elink out of mothballs to see if there has been an improvement since I mothballed it 3 years ago.  It looks to have been the case but the only reason I have done this is to see if it will produce a print out of the cv values of all my items with decoders to give me a record of the settings as I like to change them to give different effects, e.g. coach lighting bars.   While it produces a printout, it is using ink and paper,   It would be really useful if it produced a csv file which can then be viewed in excel or word in a more convenient format rather than using paper and ink.

is this possible for the software to,do?

Regards

colin

• 1 month later...

I would like to suggest an IMPORT option when the back up has been made in Propack. I had to obtain a very detailed explanation form someone on the Forum as how to do it. It isn't at all obvious where to put the files once they are on the data stick. I got there eventually but there is no explanation in the Railmaster guide other than how to back the files up. An import option would have saved me a lot of bother.

Cheers

Spireblade

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Please sort out the passing loop points situation, such that both ends can be configured to work together properly rather than having to use a phantom point commands to fudge the operation. Paired points like this works perfectly in  Rocail, so it can’t be impossible to write the RM code to suit. All it needs is the reverse tick box to be selected at one end, but that doesn’t fix the screen vs track situation.

• 4 years later...

It has been reported (rightly or wrongly) that RailMaster Support are planning changes to the RM software over the coming months, so it may be worthwhile re-opening this thread to add new ideas and remind ourselves of ideas raised previously.