Arc Pro

ray_lego

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoyed trying out the ARC Pro system on show at the UK Slot Car Festival this weekend. The wireless controllers were well layed-out, responsive and robust. A preview of the new ARC Pro Platinum GT set looked superb:

/media/tinymce_upload/aae7ad91973fc724930f358fb53e55b1.JPG

Four GT cars, four controllers, the ARC Pro Powerbase, plenty of track and the all-important pitlane.

The powerbase has a switch to turn it to 'analogue' to run non-chipped cars under the ARC Air features of the app. Basically that means two powerbases in one.

The app was dialed-down to the basic features for the weekend, which was definitely sensible for a public event to get people racing and enjoying the layout. However, it would have been cool to schedule a 10-minute demo of all the features every hour, on the hour... Especially as it wasn't any old public event - it was the UK Slot Car Festival. Having said that, the Scalextric staff were incredibly helpful with information about the system and fielding loads of questions while simulataneously re-slotting crashed cars.

/media/tinymce_upload/5da3178e50958af2f6f7d7780d8a115b.JPG

I liked ARC Pro very much. Although we'll continue to use the digital APB, Pit Lane Pro + Race Management System at our digital club, I think I will definitely be getting ARC Pro for home use and then modify my redundant ARC One unit for some Micro Scalextric ARC action 😉

Went to Slot Car Festival this weekend and there it was, ARC PRO to have a play with!! The guys were very confident in the release dates this year and having finally played with it I can have a little more faith it is on its way!

One question on this thread was about analogue mode, there is a switch on the power base to switch it to analogue mode. The controllers have 2 buttons, one for brake and one for lane change and a range of 50m so should not have issues with range.

A pace car is definately available but they could not answer about number of ghost cars for racing against. App obvioulsy has all the expected features, lap counter, lap times, race control, weather, tyre wear, pitstops,  fuel level, power control (dropping to 50% to avoid children crashing all the time etc).

Looks like Christmas 2017 is sorted :)

Apparently from what I have read when the App tells you have to pit you can simply stop anywhere on the track and the pitting process starts automatically as opposed to the ARC ONE/AIR version that requires you to enter the pit "box" in order to pit.

• 1 month later...

Hi, somebody can tell me if ARC PRO is going to replace totally Digital Advanced 6 car powerbase (C7042) or the C7042 can work as a SLAVE controller just for connecting wired controllers and using the TOWER INFORMATION ?

Will c7041 pit lane game WORK with ARC PRO? In case YES, how will it work. Thanks a lot. Alberto

@diazalbe: From what I can tell (and I have no inside information) ARC PRO is the successor of the 6-car powerbase so it is not meant to be used at the same time as the C7042. Since it automatically contains a pit stop function I could image the Pit Stop game not working with it but I am not sure. The ARC PRO, like ARC AIR has some "arcade" features so again, my guess is it supersedes the C7042.

@Kah_Shiv: There will be the option to simply buy the ARC PRO powerbase: https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/shop/sets/app-race-control-arc/scalextric-arc-pro-powerbase.html

Any car with a Hornby/Scalextric digital chip will work with ARC PRO (as will any lane changing pieces). Many cars are DPR (Digital Plug Ready) and you can swap the chips between the cars. For other cars and cars of other brands you have to solder in the C7005 retro chip. As with the current digital powerbase, no digital chip of any other manufacturer will work.

@diazalbe: From what I can tell (and I have no inside information) ARC PRO is the successor of the 6-car powerbase so it is not meant to be used at the same time as the C7042. Since it automatically contains a pit stop function I could image the Pit Stop game not working with it but I am not sure. The ARC PRO, like ARC AIR has some "arcade" features so again, my guess is it supersedes the C7042.

@Kah_Shiv: There will be the option to simply buy the ARC PRO powerbase: https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/shop/sets/app-race-control-arc/scalextric-arc-pro-powerbase.html

Any car with a Hornby/Scalextric digital chip will work with ARC PRO (as will any lane changing pieces). Many cars are DPR (Digital Plug Ready) and you can swap the chips between the cars. For other cars and cars of other brands you have to solder in the C7005 retro chip. As with the current digital powerbase, no digital chip of any other manufacturer will work.

Thank you @AndyP, that is as I had thought. Will it be possible for me to combine the ARC Pro GT set with the old Digital Ignition set (C1186) and the ultimate track extension pack to make different layouts (replacing the 4 car powerbase, of course)? How many cars can work with the ARC Pro powerbase? And can you please also explain the specification of 2 transformers in the GT set? 

slotit makes the stronger scaly digital chip

should be found at scaly shop on this site

as for using the apb on an arc pro  to use the tower info

yes if apb is not connected to track by removing all of its power wires to the slot

then apb would require a separate powerpack to power the lap counter/timer and tower

am doing the same thing here with 4 car lap counter only powered by separate powerpack

(which was part of the glad project and it  also allows separate off track car iding )

and it is ready for arc pro without needing a tablet

Again, gorp and others are digital racers and know more but in general, alls Sport track is compatible so you can make any setup you want with any track. You can technically use Classic or SCX analog track but the slot is not as deep and often there are power issues.

The 2 transformers in the past were when you raced more than 3 or 4 cars. Up to 4 cars is usually OK with a single power pack if the track is not too large. Going beyond 20 meters and 4 cars requires 2.

Regarding the specific sets and features please ask the question in the shop. That way other users will see them too.

Thanks

Just noticed that old world scaly does not list slotit products,

while new world scaly always has carried it.

One only has to change flag by selecting money symbol on top of home page to travel across the pond.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Somehow a few weeks back I got a peek at the ArcPro user manual online.  Now, I have not been able to find it since so I'm guessing it was a bit of a mistake that it was visible?  Still, I'm wondering about pit lane on my digital track.  I recall reading that the ArcPro should be placed after or before pit lane as a pit stop would not be able to register a lap (if the car did not pass over the PB/start finish).  Seems like a short comming for something that should really just be a software setting.  Any news?  Do I need to start reworking a new track plan?

Speaking of software, I am truly excited about using my iPad and a much easier interface than the 3rd party software solutions I have with my 7042.  While I don't think I'll need them, do we know if the developers are planning to update their software to work with the new ArcPro wither with USB or BT connection?

BN_Racer, RMS DEV put a link in for what is the first real feedback on ARC Pro in use. It would seem until a third party developes software the existing needs to have the pit lane one side or the other of the powerbase so it does not bypass it. In addition there are other issues to consider in how the pit lane will function and best to start on the review and add to it once you get it.

RMS DEV 's post linked below

https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/forum/arc-pro-is-here-a-first-look/?p=1

• 3 weeks later...

Archived