(Understandable) Moderation Delay a hindrance...

Gadfly is currently posting an in-progress build. Feedback is welcomed.

However, whilst a text response can be quickly passed on, anything with images takes time and, we know, a picture can say a thousand words.

So I lob in an image of something I encountered and managed, but, by the time its been moderated, Gadfly may well have moved on with his build and the opportunity to consider my solution is lost.

Alternatively, I may be struggling with the same kit and ask that he show me how to do something in particular. Again, if an image is involved, by the time Gadfly gets to see it, the moment has passed. I'm sure he could give me a solution in words, but an image...etc..

I fully understand the need for proper moderation. That said, if Airfix wants this forum to act as a useful modelling resource, with modellers effectively sharing their experiences and methods, then I believe that there needs to be a better (and quicker) way of moderating.

An alternative would be for us to simply provide links to our own websites, blogs and galleries.

Regards,

Bruce

Hi,

My 2c would be that for the current amount of traffic on the forum the current moderation is fine. I think you do a great job. The image post approval process while 'different' is not really an issue.  I await the development of the moderation team with interest. Hopefully they'll be Airfix employees...

Cheers for the update 

GF

I moderate a few foruns and groups and the moderator group have almost 10 members. Its not a matter of work volume, as things are peaceful there, but for the need of availability. I'm aware that a long wait isn't pleasent and if something wrong is happening, moderation need to be quick. The number of moderators needed for small or large foruns isn't too different, they need to cover most of the day, including weekends.

• 7 months later...

Some time ago Admin said that established/trusted members would have their posts containing images approved automatically. I wondered whether this aspiration was any nearer. I would hope that, by now, I might be considered established and/or trusted, yet there is still a delay. This isn't so much of a problem when starting a new thread, but when replying in an existing thread (and using a photo for illustration of a point) the approval puts the response out by up to 3 days. I understand the need to control the issue, but surely it also hinders the flow of conversation and continuity of threads.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, any developments here Administrator? Thankfully the site doesn't seem to have been subject to unpleasantness, at least in public, for some time now, although of course I know there's much going on behind the scenes anyway.

My hat is still in the ring.

Archived