502 Bad Gateway error

poliss

I've just had it yet again.  I have to clear my browsing history, cache and cookies and site data before I can get back onto the Hornby forum.  Only clearing ALL of the browsing history works.  If I only clear parts of it I am unable to get the Hornby site to respond and it's only the Hornby site that I have this problem with.

I'm using a Hudl 2 tablet.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm logged in using Internet Explorer because I've got the 502 error on Edge yet again. Doesn't happen with any other website, so it must be a fault with this one. As all new PCs will almost certainly use the Edge browser it's a problem.

Hornby haven't said a word on this subject so far.

Just updated the iPAD to iOS 9.3 (what a palaver I had getting round linking to iCloud when I don't want to).

Bad gateway 502 error is still there for Hornby site - I just can't connect to it, although all other sites I try connect immediately, so I can't say it is the wireless connection to my router.

When it was working earlier in the week I could only look at a few pages on the iPAD before it fell over.

Connecting from the main pc, which is hardwired to the router is OK, so the problem must be at the Hornby end surely. 

It may or may not be a clue but I have just ran an app called iFreeUp from IObit, which scans an iPAD/iPhone for bad stuff and also gives you a file manager facility for Windows like access to the files, etc so you can manage/delete stuff on there easily.

Most important though is it found all sorts of issues on the iPAD and after it sorted them for me the Hornby forum is running sweet as a nut and much quicker too.

Pure coincidence - maybe/maybe not. I'll see how it goes.

I have no connection with IObit other than an end user of some of their free stuff on my main pc. Anyone wanting to try it - you download onto your pc and run it from there then connect the iPAD via USB. If you have iTunes on autostart it sensibly tells you to close it down as it interferes.

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of problems with this in the last 2 days, often fixable by starting a new tab in Safari rather than trying to refresh an existing one and then try to navigate through the forums.

And it's only the Hornby site with this problem, the other tabs to other sites are working fine.

I went into iPad Settings, scrolled down the left hand side to Safari, then on the right hand side scrolled down to Clear web site history and data, selected see all websites and cleared it.

no 502 problems since, but you lose all your cookie type stuff so will have to type all that malarkey in again.

Archived