Excellent service from Hornby.

roythegrass

I sent my second Select off recently for V1.5 and received it back within the week. It was £15 plus cost of posting to Hornby. The reception staff were helpful and rang me to take payment once it was finished.

Now I have a couple of TTS locos, they only work properly (access to all the sounds) with V1.5.

Nice to hear. My Select is 1.5 but my Elite only 1.3 so I will want to send it to Hornby for upgrading. I tried several times myself using Win 7 but no luck and I afraid of mucking it up by trying further.

One point which maybe someone can answer. I have a County of Bedford which was fitted with a decoder by my dealer, but make unknown. It runs OK on my dealer's Elite but absolutely not on mine. Could this be due to my Elite not having the latest firmware ?  I know TCS decoders not compatible with the Select, from bitter experience.

@jimbo

if your select is at v1.5 then you really need your elite at v1.42 to talk to it properly.

no need to send the elite to hornby.

the new installer for v1.42 is virtually foolproof so give it a go, pick pc type 2 for starters and it should install no problem. if it seems to go too quickly then fails, start again but pick type 1, if it goes on forever then just wait and it may take an hour or so but it will get there.

please try it and report back.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived