Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

Airfix 1/72 Victor canopy masksAirfix 1/72 English Electric LightningAirfix Model World November issue (digital sub)Airwaves PE micro saw bladesAK True Metal paintsEduard MiG15 1/72 PE cockpit setHaynes RAF V-Force 1955-69 Operations ManualHumbrol MaskolRevell weathering powdersRoyal Langnickel oil paintsUschi van der Rosten rigging line

The  formatting disappeared from my last post. But my latest acquisition is now:

• Airfix Model World December issue (digital)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We were away on a short trip last week, whilst on a foray into Toys 'r Us seeking a birthday present I stumbled upon a little pile of these and came away with a couple. Would have been rude not to at £1.99 a pop and all that's missing is the paint brushes.

26335703359_de58a8bbc4_b.jpg

Today finally found the Airfix Fw 190A-8 in "Gift Pack" form. Not really interestee in the paints & brush but no-doubt they'll come in useful sometime. It seems the Fw 190 is now only available in this gift pack form.

Also brought the RAF Air Sea Rescue Launch (A05281). Should go well with the E-Boat also from Airfix.

Also got some more Tamiya surface primer, Acrylic retarder, (Paint in SA dries tooo quickly in summer time, especially when airbrushing) and some Decal Glue.

Remember we do this for fun                           John the Pom

Erm, nothing much on the Aircraft front aquisition wise, just this little lot (mostly from the big H)

Vallejo Model Air White & Black

Hornby R3223 & R3463 BR 42xx Class 2-8-0 Heavy Tanks

Hornby R6824 BR 20 Ton Brake Van (Toad)

Various Etched Plates from Modelmaster Decals & Fox Transfers

Hornby R3456 BR N15 Class 30792 Sir Hervis de Revel

Humbrol Maskol

We were away on a short trip last week, whilst on a foray into Toys 'r Us seeking a birthday present I stumbled upon a little pile of these and came away with a couple. Would have been rude not to at £1.99 a pop and all that's missing is the paint brushes.

26335703359_de58a8bbc4_b.jpg

WoW that is a steal! And they are good kits too. I did the F.6 first, then the F.2A (basically the same kits). Finally I did another F.2A but converted it to an F.1A. I think another Lightning will be on the cards soon, possibly a F.3 conversion useless Airfix release 1 for me??

Not much in the way of model purchases for me the past couple of weeks but I did snap up a Revell 1:72nd NATO Ground Equipment Set that came up on a famous auction site at rather a reasonable price as they are as rare as hens teeth. If Airfix did this kit I wouldnt need to buy Revell lol   

@Paul Brown

Wow, that's an amazing price! Toys R Us can't be making any profitable money from disconting a Starter Set, worth £9.99 (RRP), to £1.99! That's an absolute bargain. Maybe that particular kit was a bad seller. They shouldn't be at that price. They should nbe flying off the shelf!* Good find there, Paul Brown!  😀

*Get the joke? 'Flying' off the shelf!  😆

GNR-Gordon-4

Alright, £15.00, not £9.99. Even more of a discount, but I honestly don't think those kits should have had that much discount, due to a missing paint brush, in each kit. That's a hefty discount, good for the customer, but a bit silly. A paint brush could be picked up easily.

Do think they are missing because a customer has been stealing them or the brushes missing was factory error?

GNR-Gordon-4

• 2 weeks later...

Latest arrivals

Airfix Supermarine Walrus Mk.I x2

Airfix P51D x2 (new tool) 

Meng P51D 

Eduard Peshka PE2 (zveda)

Eduard Ranger Tiffy (hasegawa)

Hobbyboss FM1 hellcat & wildcatfish 

Tamiya J2m3 raiden 

Tamiya N1K1

Tamiya A6m2-N

Hasegawa J7W2 (jet shinden)

Hasegawa N1k1 kyofu  

Revell F15E srike eagle

Italeri fiat G91

Italeri MB326

MpM pe2

And a couple i've forgot

Hmm, quite a conservative haul from SMW 17, but looking at recent additions that's no bad thing.

38370393152_d491abb789_b.jpg

38401867811_3c72de403a_b.jpg

The Matchbox items are in respect of my continuing quest to gather up all the armour kits. The Modelcollect kits are quite new and by a company new to the scene. I also bought some Zero paints for car projects I'd like to get under way.

Looking at the Airfix stand there's some stuff I can;t wait to get my hands on, the Wellington, especially, looks sublime.

Oh dear, I've had a bit of a splurge this week...

Two more Hornby Loco's (those who know me - this isn't unusal)

R3413 S15 Class 30831

R3382 Merchant Navy 35023 Holland-Afrika Line 

And on this day two Aifix kits..

1/72nd Scale Supermarine Spitfire PR. XIX

1/48th Scale Boulton Paul Defiant NF...

..and may well get and etched parts for the latter...

R3413 S15 Class 30831

Oh and a 1:1 scale passenger-side front wing for a Jaguar XJ (308)...

R3413 S15 Class 30831

Oh and a 1:1 scale passenger-side front wing for a Jaguar XJ (308)...

Photographic evidence of a couple of purchases...

/media/tinymce_upload/e1fa94257ee902fe236634fd23e6f169.jpg

Some more Vallejo colours, to many to mention here.

Two bar clamps, My old wood-working one's were way too heavy.

Four small pinch clamps.

A fresh bottle of Revell glue. Really surprised at the cost of glue these days, used to be tanner (6d) or a quarter the price of an Airfix kit, the Revell glue cost the best part of a hundred Rand, that's about £4.75p at todays exchange rate.

This fun is getting expensive, but it's still fun                            John the Pom

Four small pinch clamps.

A fresh bottle of Revell glue. Really surprised at the cost of glue these days, used to be tanner (6d) or a quarter the price of an Airfix kit, the Revell glue cost the best part of a hundred Rand, that's about £4.75p at todays exchange rate.

This fun is getting expensive, but it's still fun                            John the Pom

A bottle of liquid cement is similar price in the UK; I've bought enough Airfix starter sets to have tube glue for the next decade or two!

Four small pinch clamps.

The Revell (Contacta) Glue is about the same price here, but it does last for ages compared to the tubes of polystrene cement.

I've also acquired the Eduard Etches for the Spitfire PRXIX & Defiant ;)

My Latest model purchases are:-

Airfix Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero, purchased on auction site 

/media/tinymce_upload/249e0cf2cc0e4b910faaa6e70f5f0564.JPG 

Vallejo Model Air  IJA paint set for the Zero purchase and other planned Japanese aircraft.

/media/tinymce_upload/76ad875793c3f80bd698b89a0c1260cd.JPG 

Airfix Supermarine Spitfire PR.XIX, purchased from LMS (Local Model Shop)

/media/tinymce_upload/ebe263395b4873abd94d3558ead4943c.JPG

Airfix Avro Shackleton AEW.2, purchased direct from Airfix on Pre-Order which was delivered on Monday.

/media/tinymce_upload/9516a1b2f2a3ec968b67a590262329dd.JPG

I have also added a tweezer set, scissors and a 'folding block/tool' for etched brass parts to my tool box.  

• 2 weeks later...

Latest purchases are the Trumpeter HMS Roberts monitor in 1/350, the Takom 1/35 Soviet prototype tank Objekt 279 and Airfix 1/24 Mosquito. The Roberts will join the line first with the next kits I'm going to build after the 1/350 battleships I'm trundling through, (KGV, Tirpitz and Yamato just finished, Bismarck, New Jersey and Missouri to complete). With the Roberts will be Warspite, Queen Elizabeth and Belfast all in 1/350. It always makes sense to build a few ships at once due to the comonality of paints.