TTS sound decoder wishlist

81F

Just thought I'd start a thread to see what TTS sound decoders people would like to be sold separately rather than only being available ready fitted.

My first choice would be a GWR Hall. I have 4935 but would like to add TTS sound to the three other Hornby Halls I have and possibly a 28XX

I'd love a decoder for first generation DMU's - I have a Hornby 101 and two 121's which would benefit from retro-fitted sound not to mention a Lima 117, 6 Bachmann DMU's and a Dapol 121 that I'd be looking to equip.I feel many Diesel modellers are probably in the same boat here - can't afford to equip with £100+ decoders but would happilly invest in a TTS decoder. Hornby would sell loads if they released one.

They still have both the 101 and the 121 in their Railroad range - seems like an ideal opportunity to me.

• 2 weeks later...

There was one that Hornby produced in 2016...it was R3459 TTS for the class 2P 4-4-0 loco.........I have one powering a Hornby Southern T9 4-4-0 with a cube speaker, sounds great..........HB

I bought one of these 2P decoders, funnily enough I fitted it to a 2P! (S&DJR blue)

I think that is a great choice, 81F, could also be used for the 4-6-0 Counties etc. I dont think there is a 2 cylinder TTS decoder at present, although I may well be wrong.

Rod.  

The only 2 cyliner decoder I can think of still available (on eBay at least) is that for the 9F

• 3 months later...

Just bumping this old thread to see if folk have any more TTS they would like to see produced that have not been released yet.

I can only think in general groups like DMUs, EMUs or a generic small steam loco, but no doubt most folk would prefer specific loco types.

Then there are the novelty types, like the TTS Vent Van and maybe a Xmas-Santa sound wagon or suited to other jolly times of year, e.g. Halloween ghost train.

Rob

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Raf96 I can do this all day but I am not sure my ideas would be listened to:

• My biggest ask would be for a programable TTS decoder where we can add our own sounds which should cheap to make (think raspberry pi and arduino boards ) and be great business for Hornby.
  • extend the freight wagon ide and have a TTS decoder around a brake van, and a luggage van for steam. 
  • I'd also borrow the idea of static TTS decoders from Gaugemaster for Skaledale buildings e.g.signal boxes, stations and farm houses and integradte would be unique.
  • For the Coronation Scott I'd license the Coronation Scot music played at Euston when she used to depart.
  •  For locos anything steamy and Southern as it's my focus plus there is only the S15 and Merchant Navy just nown(with hopefully Lord Nelson to come). For example  I have loksound in my Adams radial, Wainwright and Schools already and will likely add one to my Q1 as I am 58 already and may die before there is TTS decoder for this quirky but beautifully detailed Hornby model 

Unfortunately the TTS decoder is a worm i.e. write once, read many. Thus it is just not user reprogrammable. The only reprogramming that can be done is to the MCU which controls motor and function actions not sound. Once factory programmed onto a blank chip the sound is locked apart from volume.

I do like the departure music idea.

As for the Q1 - I am 74 but one lives on in hope of seeing all these wishlist items on sale. After all it is not that long ago that retro fit TTS was considerred pie in the sky and this time last year who would have thought the Select would be talking to a PC and changing CVs.

Rob

• 1 month later...

@Sergiodarocha

It would be interesting if Hornby produced TTS for any of the International models but we'll have to wait and see.............But I don't think Hornby have ever sold an SNCF BB63000 or a DB94/DR94/BR94/T16 Steam locomotive so these would be unlikely.

I am waiting for a TTS ALCo 251 for the Electrotren Renfe 316/318/321 types.............but probably will need to go Loksound as Friendly Fryer does above!

• 2 weeks later...

Retro fit vent van style but one with a full set of signal box bell codes. Fit one under your signal boxes and bell chat to control your trains, maybe all as part of RM routing programs.