The Hornby designer obsessed with progressive rock

Rule 1 Applies

Whoever it is in the Hornby design office, please make it stop!

Recently had locos with the identities of three members of Marillion - (Steve) Hogarth Stone, (Steve) Rothery Industries and (Ian) Mosley Tarmacadam. Now we've just had announced (Steve) Wilson Paper Mills, (Craig) Blundell King Timber Merchants and (Nick) Beggs Tooling (well at least the last one's apt).

It's not big and it's not clever.

(PS: Unless whoever it is has the decency to use the names Gabriel, Hackett, Rutherford, Banks and Phillips next year (let's not bother with Collins), I'm going to relentlessly hunt them down and make them stand on a street corner in Margate wearing a sparkly cape, a flower mask and with a double-neck Shergold neatly inserted up their jacksie!)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you need to find the person naming engines,  you’ll have to go back to the people who picked the names originally years ago. They must have foreseen prog rock.  😆

They're not named in the sense you're thinking. They have the names of fictitious indstrial companies on them.

I didn’t know these are real names. I just thought they are fictional, made up names.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Ah, you see? Like I said in another thread, having a broad palette of knowledge is a good thing 😉  This is an old game for me - I write for a living and sometimes entertain myself by seeing how many references to a particular subject I can get in before I get rumbled. The more unusual the words, the harder (and therefore the more rewarding) the game is. Helps to break up the monotony of frequently working stupidly long days.

Dear Hornby. If you want any really obscure ideas for next year, you know who to call 😛

@Rule 1 Applies

Music is not something I like. There's only a very small handful of songs I do like. Without counting them, it's probably about 10 songs I listen to.

As regards to the name's on the RailRoad 0-4-0's, I honestly thought they are made up names. never knew they all belong to real people, of the music world.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)