what's your latest build (newly started).

mark_75

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just completed repair jobs on 1-72 mustang p51d I think it was and a Messerschmitt bf110c both we're victims of my granddaughters little hands.

ive just commenced on a sea fury 1-48 will be my larges tool yet fingers crossed for a result on it

I'm currently just finishing off the Airfix Buccaneer S.2C, I have an Airfix Mosquito MK.XVIII Tse Tse on the go and am just about to start an Airfix DHC Beaver. The last 2 kits are part of the de Havilland Group Build over on the ATF.

/media/tinymce_upload/44d952baa6f156555e1cab399937cf6d.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/acac17a64b84c1ef31cea030508c9473.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/251d8c0557b4d2d25bf2d62a8c777dba.jpg

We won't mention the Airfix Henschel Hs123 currently sitting in my box of shame on the floor of my cave

At the moment I'm building a 1/72 F-101B Voodoo from Revell, but I'm having trouble sourcing the all over grey paint for it. it's suppose to be FS16473 Air Defence Command Grey, anyone know a good equivalent from Humbrol?

Closest from Humbrol is probably 129 US Gull Grey Satin

Current build..

Yes there's another Growler on the Workbench..

I think that's actually the Revell Avro Shackleton MR.3 if I'm not mistaken? It's still on my purchase list!!                     

Current build..

Yes there's another Growler on the Workbench..

I think that's actually the Revell Avro Shackleton MR.3 if I'm not mistaken? It's still on my purchase list!!                     

Yes it is the new Revell one, not the old ex-Frog tooling with a note of apology. You have two versions in the box - Phase 2 and Phase 3.

I'm doing the Phase 3 version as it has the Viper engines (you get the different outboard engine fairings in the kit).

The Growler is on hold at present, as I'm waiting on some aftermarket from Hannants for her.

Yes guessed it was the new tool offering. I read the reviews last year when it was released, and I too would go for the Phase 3 option. So what aftermarket add-ons are you waiting for if I can be so bold? 

• 2 weeks later...

Taking the opportunity to root out what kits I've been looking forward to making for such a situation as this lockdown ... so its the Airfix HMS Iron Duke... I bought this new in the mid 1990s from the model shop ‘Beatties‘ in Nottingham (sadly long since gone as now all LMS have gone from here)  ... and been stored, never opened since then ... delighted to cut the box seals and find the contents safely contained in the poly bag ... few age spots showing on the box top but otherwise all as new... tried to add a box top photo but something wrong with the file type I’m using with both jpeg and from my iPad ...  I’m lucky to have purchased the Warspite too at the same time so that will shortly follow ... 

• 4 weeks later...

Currently I have 3 kits on the go..

Wrestling decals on the Shackleton MR.3..

/media/tinymce_upload/e2b200ed26126f0eb1540ff0b2a512d6.jpg

Trumpeter's 1/48th Westland Whirlwind

/media/tinymce_upload/bbc93e83424d57271b3218245a822136.jpg

And Tamiya 1/48th P-47D Thunderbolt..

/media/tinymce_upload/93f7091afe41e674f080a277f3dd191c.jpg

I have finished two armour kits - while working on these too.

@ james_mower

I don't know how you manage 3 or more builds on the go at once, but that MR.3 is looking good, think I need to get 1

It's easy having three kits on the go at once, but it's all the railway commissions that get in the way  😉

With this modern glues (Tamiya Extra Thin etc), I've learn't before paint, let the plane kits have adequate drying time - a few weeks in some cases, as what seems like a perfect invisible seam can be a canyon in a weeks time, hence I appear to have a few kits on the go at once.

The Revell Shackleton is a nice kit, but all that rivet detail makes it a pain to get the decals sitting down ( I had to use X-20A in the end).

/media/tinymce_upload/fec6386ee4fcbb4153357182ab4c736c.jpg

Spoiler - she's no tail sitter either lol

• 1 month later...

I am currently working on an Italeri Range Rover which I am building as a What-If GARDA traffic version... It is a pretty basic kit with not a lot of detail so to add some interest I have opened up the front grill and added so radiators behind... I plane to remove the rear bench and make it a 2 seater with a enlarged loading bay stocked with traffic equipmnt... maybe opening up the rear tailgate. 

/media/tinymce_upload/8d9a4a5aff5a4551a02595505f96122a.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/4afa8fe4e344c0acca081098709fca10.jpg

My latest is the Airfix 1/72 Vickers Wellington kit A08019. Really enjoying the build at the moment, the level of detail that is in there is crazy, I'm adding in all the details that might be hidden once the fuselage halves get joined together but at least I will know it's in there and I've been taking lots of photos of the build process so might post some of them up in the aircraft forum.

Really enjoying seeing everyones builds.

My latest is the Airfix 1/72 Vickers Wellington kit A08019. Really enjoying the build at the moment, the level of detail that is in there is crazy, I'm adding in all the details that might be hidden once the fuselage halves get joined together but at least I will know it's in there and I've been taking lots of photos of the build process so might post some of them up in the aircraft forum.

Really enjoying seeing everyones builds.

Thats a great model.....it was this years Xmas kit from the wife.

I started the 1/72 Heinkel 111 at the weekend. A bit simpler than the Wellington but went together really well. I WILL post that one.

• 3 weeks later...