Wishlists 2021

Ratch

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Airfix,

speaking on behalf 1/72 WWII aircraft kits fans from Czech republic, I wish following new tools items as:

1.) Avro Anson (which may be certainly much better than Anson from local Czech MPM or Special Hobby producer)

2.) Handley Page Hampded (which as we guess will be much better than Czech Valom /AZ Models and or Sabre kits) and which extend bomber range starting with A.W. Whitley and continuing by Wellington.

3.) Fairey Battle

4.) Westland Lysander

5.) Douglas Boston ( (which will be certainly much, much better than MPM or Special Hobby Boston item)

6) Lockheed Hudson, (naturarelybetter than MPM items, which have been later re-packed by Italeri)

7) Aichi D3A1 Val as follower of your nice B5N2 Kate and A6M2 model 21 Reisen

Also some WWI aircraft will be welcomed as whole range original WWI Airfixes but in new tool versions. And the same can be said for btw WWI and WWII silver wing era as Hawker Fury, Hawker Demon, Buldog, Siskin etc.

Anyway, all 1/72 oldtimer aircraft which will appear in 2021 will be perfect and that's why I wish you  success with the selection of new tool candidates.

Last but not least, and what about to release decals of the old Airfixies from Red stripe Type 3 and type 4 period to enable us to create airfix-like kits in order to wake up memories for your golden era. At present I buy various advanced new kits 1/72 but I use to to apply ´s.such decals which remember my old Airfix collection from 60´s and 70´s.  

Your banzai

If Airfix would look at aircraft that no other makers currently produce, then my suggestions would be for Rafale in soon to be Greek and French options, AMX as soon to go out of long time service in Italy. 

A Phantom recce version RF-4C/E

Gripen (if Bulgaria get them) but with CZ and Hungarian options 

All 1:72 

These are such good looking aitcraft and need more exposure 

I'd like to see a 1/72 Buccaneer S.1 with an EDSG/White scheme with Red Beard weapon (especially from HMS Eagle), 1970s RAF Buccaneer S.2 (because I can't find stencils for them in this era) and 80s Buccaneer S.2 with Martel/Sea Eagle weapons, re-released Nimrod and Valiant, and many boxings of the new Vulcan :) In new tools, I'd like a Vietnam Era USAF B-52D and a Sea Vixen FAW.1, both in 1/72 (I've really enjoyed the Phantom and Buccaneer Royal Navy kits, keep 'em coming!)

I'd really like to see an new tool Harvard/Texan in 1/48. Current toolings are so much better and it would be great to see one that is accurate and I think it would be a good seller as there is a big market considering the use of these aircraft. Apart from the Harvard I'd love a Beaufort in 1/48 scale too.

In the meantime, the old Monogram kit still looks and builds up nicely.  The figures are nice too.  Try and find one of the early releases on Ebay.

I'm into British 1/48 post war aircraft so anything new in that field is good for me but a couple I would like a special mention for would be for;

Scout/Wasp, virtually 2 kits from 1 & loads of markings to choose from.

Vampire/Venom, with intelligent design, 4 kits from 1, Vampire fighter, Vampire trainer, Venom fighter-bomber & Sea Venom with a wealth of markings available.

Whirlwind Helo, not one kit (apart from the even more ancient than me Revell S-55!) exists of the venerable Whirlwind, & an untapped supply of versions could be made from a basic mould with interchangable noses & tail booms in just British versions, let alone the original American versions. I believe this could be a real money (rotor!) spinner both sides of the atlantic!

I also do 1/72 for the larger aircraft in the same period so a few special mentions here would be;

VC10, perfect compliment to the V Bombers & Nimrod (a Tristar & Voyager would be nice too!) plus civil versions.

Comet. this could be interesting as not only military & civil versions could be made but could be the basis of a new more accurate Nimrod.

Lincoln, maybe a bit of an outsider but may be able to utilise some bits off the Lanc to keep costs down.

E-3/ Airseeker. I know they can't use the old Heller kit anymore but a new kit would be nice although may be difficult as the C-135/7 have different dimentions.

If a thought was given to VC-10, Comet,,Tristar & Voyager, how about a Boeing Poseidon, again with civil versions (& maybe Airfix could become the home of 1/72 Airliners, just a thought!!!).

Lots of good suggestions and my favourite would be a new tool HP Hampden and Fairey Battle. Scanning over the posts they seem to be among the most requested!

But only a month to wait before the releases, but are there any rumours out there? Not just further speculation .......

For 2021 I'd like;-

1/72nd

A Retool Spitfire Vb

retool Bf 109G6

retool Fairey Battle

Retooled Mosquito Mk VI

Retooled FW 189

Retooled IL2 Sturmovik

Also

Bf 109F2/4

Fairey Albacore

Mosquito Mk IV Bomber

Macchi 200

Macchi 202

Me 410

In 1/48th

Blenheim Mk IV Bomber

Fairey Battle

Beaufort

Bf 110

Can we also have a reissue of the 1/72 RAF Vehicle Set?

And possibly an equivalent Luftwaffe set?

A reissue of the Do 17Z

As mentioned by many before (including me !!), I think a 1/72 Avro Manchester and Supermarine Scimitar would be excellent subjects for Airfix. A scaled down Sea Vixen and Javelin in this scale would also be most welcome. Maybe some classic British vehicles in 1/43 would be an interesting addition to the range too? I'd also like to see a Bedford S/R type with various options in 1/72 / 00 scale 

1/32nd Waterloo series solid plastic figures :

British Infantry 1815 (can be painted as Belgian Infantry in blue or Belgian Jagers in green uniforms)

Highlanders 1815 (42nd, 78th,79th, 92nd Regts)

French Imperial Guard Grenadiers (can be painted as Dutch Grenadiers in white uniform and others)

French Line Infantry (can be painted as Irish Regt in green or Swiss Regts in red uniforms)

there are loads of other paint schemes to apply to depict other units and also good conversion ideas too with head or shako swaps etc....

1/32nd Waterloo series solid plastic figures :

British Infantry 1815 (can be painted as Belgian Infantry in blue or Belgian Jagers in green uniforms)

Highlanders 1815 (42nd, 78th,79th, 92nd Regts)

French Imperial Guard Grenadiers (can be painted as Dutch Grenadiers in white uniform and others)

French Line Infantry (can be painted as Irish Regt in green or Swiss Regts in red uniforms)

there are loads of other paint schemes to apply to depict other units and also good conversion ideas too with head or shako swaps etc...

Just returning to the hobby and was surpirised how few WW1 aircraft kits Airfix are currently making. Surely there's a good market for a new (ideally re-tooled) range of 1:72 or, better still, 1:48 scale models?

I always enjoy trips to the Shuttleworth Collection and seeing their early planes flying, so what about WW1 planes from their collection with Shuttleworth schemes? I bet this would be popular. 

I'd also like a WW1 airfield diorama set with maintanace crew, vehicles, etc