The Hornby Book of Trains – The First One Hundred Years: Expensive Price

NWR-Gordon-4

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@walkingthedog

25p isn't very much. They clearly don't know what it's worth. It go for more than that on eBay.

@LC&DR

I agree. What condition is used. Read once, torn pages or missing pages. Who knows?! You have to take the risk and purchase them and see what arrives!  😆  😉  😀

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

The previous owner of the Hornby catalogue, before they gave the catalogue away to the charity shop, probably couldn't be bothered to list it on eBay or elsewhere. That could be the reason or similar, as why they donated it to charity.

The Hornby Book of Trains: The First One Hundred Years book will be worth more than £1.00, even when it's used and a few years old. As I stated in my original post, I am willing to pay £20.00 maximum for it new, but I would prefer to get it new for less than £20.00, if I can.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF) 

• 2 weeks later...

Mine arrived today - £20 as subscriber to Hornby Magazine.  First impressions are excellent.  It's a year by year overview of what was happening at Hornby, accompanied with hundreds of photos and illustrations.

From the years that I have read already, it's going to be a great read and the sort of book you can pick up time and again for a casual browse.

Well worth £25, but if you can get it cheaper, then even better!

I have paid bargain prices and exorbitant prices for books I particularly wanted in hard copy, but often I can find digital copies for free, although not as satisfying as turning pages and certainly not as good where photos are involved. I tend to keep digital for reading (story) books and hard copy for picture laden or reference books. You can’t flip through a digital book like you can hard copy.

Has the book been released already? That was quick! I thought it was due for release, at the end of the month.

Is anybody able to post images of the cover and sides of the book only? Not any of the pages though, as that's probably copyright and would spoil the read for anone os planning to bu a copy of the book, themselves.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Sarah, what I mean by wanting pictures of the book, is that I want to actually see a copy of the book, to see if I can work out if it’s worth the RRP of £24.99. Random pictures of the front cover is not what I wanted. Thank you for the images anyway.  😀

Not seen that book before. Is it the same book, with Centenary Edition cover, if so I imagine it will be even more expensive!  🤔  😆  😉  😀

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)