Great to See the Forum Back

EricJ

Just a suggestion but it appears that as an item is updated it does not appear at the front of the list, it appears to retain its original position. Now that would be ok if there were only a few items, but given the amount of posts ranging over many years, that is not going to work. So for instance if I added something on a post about 8 pages down, nobody would ever see it.

@colinb
Other forums with an edit facility are the same. An edited post does not pop to the top unfortunately.
Please be aware that the Moderators are listing faults as they are spotted and they will be submitted to Hornby IT for fettling.

I am not so sure about that. It is not going to work very well in its current form.

As per my original post, it is beginning to happen. I have just posted a response to "R3602TTS Coach Compatibility" its position in the list is unchanged so basically you have to scan all the posts to see the ones that have been updated. It is probably going to get worse as given a few new entries, this post will go to the next page so nobody will see it to update it. Every other forum I use, has the list in order they are updated. It needs fixing.

Colin, I have reported this very issue this evening to Hornby admin. But there are so many issues the mods have already reported, and the developers are still working to complete the original transfer tasks [like historical images missing for example] - it may take weeks to resolve this listing order bug fully.

@colin

As I said before these issues are being reported back to IT for fettling.

Your chronological order thing is one of many such glitches, but if you look down the timeline you will see the posting time is right just not filed in time-date order correctly.

If folk are aware then they can easily pick out these errant updates.

Colin, I have reported this very issue this evening to Hornby admin. But there are so many issues the mods have already reported, and the developers are still working to complete the original transfer tasks [like historical images missing for example] - it may take weeks to resolve this listing order bug fully.

Thanks Chrissaf, I will leave it at that.

Belated Happy New Year everyone lol.I am not a frequent poster but oh how I have missed this forum. Onwards and upwards from now on and thanks to all who have made it possible. Thanks as ever too to the Community Mods who will I am sure be making sure we get a forum that works for everybody once again. Stay safe all!

Yes, the post order thing is an issue. Just had to scroll down from page 1 of this thread to see the post I've just added.

Another issue I've found related to the new site, (though not to the forum) is that Club Membership is not linked to accounts and, as far as I can see there is no way of re-establishing the link. I am guessing everyone is experiencing this.