Great bargains @ Hatton's

TVR1707822112

The real story or takeaway of this for me was that Hattons are promoting Hornby products/specials on their home page. From everything I've read and observed, the relationship between the two has been strained since the introduction of the Tier system for retail and the subsequent "Great Cancelling" of Hornby pre-orders by Hattons.

I appreciate we are looking at surplus product which Hornby are probably looking to quit to free up cash and space for the newer range items. So, it's probably a marriage of convenience for both parties more than anything. But I, for one, would be pleased if they have somewhat mended some fences. Hattons didn't have to highlight the sale products they've acquired from Hornby. So, all positive I would like to think.

Musing even further, I wonder if my highly speculative and unsubstantiated comments above are in any way related to the musical chairs at board level recently at Hornby? Just a thought .....

HK.

Hattons needed to highlight them to sell them. I don't know if they got the stock off Hornby or the open market. Perhaps at the end of the year when Hornby have difficulty shifting their now really expensive stock, we may see some action. Hornby will always sell out of the specials. It will be the ones everyone has got or the not most popular that will be hard to shift at the new prices especially as many of them aren't that much different to the same model second hand.

My class 60 and N15 turned up this morning, just perfect. I had said I wasn't going to buy anymore locos but these were too good a bargain to miss. Fortunately I have the class 87, bought when Amazon were having a really cheap day, but I am pretty sure it wasn't as cheap as the Hatton's one. The funny thing was the N15 came with a driver and fireman, I thought Hornby had stopped including them ages ago.