Unreleased products from 2021

rman

R3850, 3851, 3894, 3895, 3896, 3897, 3974, 3977, 3978, 3979, 3980. 3981, 3982, 3983, 3984, 3985, 3986, 3987, 3988, 3990, 30011, 30030, 30031, 30039, 30040TTS, 30042TTS, 30043. 30045, 30046, 30048TTS, 30049TTS, 30070, 30071, 30073, 30077, 30079TTS, 30080, 30082, 30086 and 30089.

There was a big fanfare on Evening Star it was even on the front cover of the catalogue, still not been released. Then there is the Prince of Wales P2, that was on their programme on the Yesterday channel. I think they are slowly working their way through them, I took delivery of Lemberg the Black A3 a couple of weeks ago, that was in the 2021 catalogue.

Surprised about the Deltic, isn't some other company about to release one? That is normally the script for Hornby to pull out all the stops to beat their competitor with an inferior product. Obviously they don't see that as a major money spinner.

Surprised about the Deltic, isn't some other company about to release one? That is normally the script for Hornby to pull out all the stops to beat their competitor with an inferior product. Obviously they don't see that as a major money spinner.

Colin, is it really necessary to make such a spurious comment apart from the fact that it is untrue.........HB

I don't get why some seem so up-set about release dates coming later than anticipated.

China has become an unreliable supplier, with continual shut-downs, etc. Not to mention, Hornby's competition vying for capacity in the same production facilities.

Worst examples of later than anticipated releases always go to Bachmann. In the 2013 catalogue, type TTA conical tankers were announced and been in every catalogue since, yet still not available. Their new line of Bullied coaches, to replace the aged models, long since discontinued, were announced in the 2018 catalogue and once again, shown available every year since, but yet never made available.

Sometimes, when we get excited of a product announcement, a one year delay seems frustrating, but in the case of anyone caring about TTA conical wagons, 9-years and the clock continues. Tic toc... Life goes on.

😆 oh rman, there are still outstanding items from the 2020 launch, and no doubt earlier. A day before this years announcement, one retailer made a special page for all of the new announcements and also put everything yet to be released that had previously been launched in that section. There were, iirc 293 items on there that had not yet been released from previous years. Any given delivery dates should be taken with a large pinch of salt, unless it is known that the product is actually on its way from the factory. All you can do is wait and be pleasantly surprised if and when your desired item actually arrives.

So Howbi what is untrue, I have been getting mails from Rails about someone releasing a Deltic, I must admit I wasn't that interested so I didn't take much notice. So far Hornby has frequently rushed through products to beat the competition, Praire, 4/6 wheel coaches. They would have done it with the Titfield Thunderbolt but got caught out with the licensing agreements. Each one of those rushed through products takes up resource that could be better used elsewhere.

Further to my previous post it appears Accuscale are doing a whole range of them, unfortunately not in black though. If you pre ordered it with Hornby then no issue but if you are buying it from a retailer the Accuscale one is cheaper. Of course these are also on preorder so I don't when they will arrive.

So long as the business you "pre-ordered" and paid for your loco doesn't go bust and you lost your money AND your position in the queue!

That’s not always true either! I had my pre-order of all 9 LMS Coronation Scot coaches cancelled by Hattons at the last minute. I would not buy from them again. I was a long time customer & even though I live in Australia had actually visited their store on two occasions…