General Discussion about TT:120

Rana Temporia
1215posts
View User
Posted at 15:26:30 Fri 14 Oct 2022
I would be interested to see the first person to fit the new chassis to other locos such as the Kitmaster Royal Scot or some of the static models (Amercom?) that were made of British and other prototypes at what was supposed to be TT.scale. I know there will be a slight difference in that the older models and the static ones are strictly 3mm and not the current scale but it’d provide a quick source of new models until the Hornby range increases.

I have motorised a few of the Atlas (Amercom?) models, A4, A3, V2, Duchess, W/C, Baltic tank, all with Tri-ang TT chassis, look on YouTube just type in Triang TT V2 etc.

I'm not so sure that is a very good idea using the old Kitmaster kits, There's quite a difference in size between 1:100 (3mm) and 1:120, I'm on another forum and they've put photos up. The 3mm stuff towers over the 1:120 stiff. Use the Atlas stuff or Corgi if they are 1:120 but don't waste your time and money on Kitmaster. Instead use the 3D print guys who will rescale to TT120 for you in most cases.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have not had any trains since being a kid, apart from an oval of N Gauge track and a 108 DMU. Never stopped adoring model trains. Watch you tube vids and an enthusiast uncle passes me his modelling magazines sometimes. But money and space.

The fact that TT is a little bit cheaper makes a huge difference in terms of being able to justify it. Space is an even bigger issue. That said, I found N Gauge a bit scary as the scenery and wiring looked fiddly.

So... target market I suppose.

I have wishlisted about £1000 worth of stuff. Will probably get the Easterner for myself and my kid for Christmas and we will take it from there. Personally I'm dying for some BR Blue diesel stuff!

Thank you Hornby!

Help a very frustrated Canadian.

I would appreciate someones assistance in contacting Hornby for me to obtain some information from Hornby regarding setting up my account for the TT membership. Telephone calls from here are very expensive and it goes to voicemail. E-mails to Hornby support seem to go into a black hole.

I attempted to Contact Hornby USA three different times and the same black hole. I have tried several times to register and then make a purchase. The response I get is either the system doesn't recognize my address. This is because we live in a new housing residence as of July 2022. The other problem is that the system is also telling me I have to pay 25 pounds (30 less VAT of 5), which is supposed to be free and then it tells me that Hornby cannot ship the membership to my address. Interesting since they don't ship memberships.

Help!

They are nickel/silver. R-
Is Silver/nickel weatherproof?
Really? are you planning on an outdoor layout?
Yes.

An outdoor layout, that I would really love to see. Nickel/silver will tarnish over time, but it won't rust. Therefore it will need cleaning. A Gaugemaster HF1 or HF2 unit may help, but only use it on analogue/DC.

Has anyone else already started buying things for their upcoming layout? I've just received the 6 vehicles from Oxford Diecast and have the spacers from DCC Concepts for the premium rolling road. I've also ordered the Noch 60-person mega pack of standing figures from an Ebay seller along with a 3D printed clear 'Tardis' with flashing light and a battery holder.

Very clearly not true. I joined early on using my Oz address, which was pre-populated from my account. Just tried again and that still works.

I believe it is a specific address not country issue and the Mods have already raised this with Hornby.

And I know it’s not a mistake as I already have orders recognizing membership via the 15% discount and ROW postage (postage has been removed from the set order, now only on the track packs).

And I know it’s not a mistake as I already have orders recognizing membership via the 15% discount and ROW postage (postage has been removed from the set order, now only on the track packs).

Perhaps you should reorder those track packs, they should also qualify for free shipping. Hornby made it known via the Mods that any product/order over £14.80 will qualify for freight-free delivery for the time being.