What do people hope to see in the range?

david_watts1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just recently bought a Tri-ang no2 catalogue and I find it interesting that the things we want today in TT120 were available back in 1956, 60+ years ago. PS I only need a no1 for a complete collection, if any one can help at reasonable money (not the £80+ on Ebay).forum_image_63e1dd5b2df30.thumb.png.dbaedae81fd87965948a7ac06a743932.pngforum_image_63e1dd5e8bae5.thumb.png.2c03268444b66a8d7466205501b22e9d.pngforum_image_63e1dd62859de.thumb.png.5eddeba463481d7c35e1edd73bbea6f0.pngforum_image_63e1dd6684d3c.thumb.png.b7a3738517bed7da10957ae1ef42bc5c.pngforum_image_63e1dd6a304c1.thumb.png.3ec41d45d627c7660a3a5c89fca02259.png

Princesses, Jintys, 08s, Prairies, tank engines, working TPOs, turntables...

The items that I am most impatiently interested to see available for pre-order are the double straight and flexible track (as I initially want to create a shunting layout).

However since I would then be immediately wanting an 08 and 57xx, it’s probably just as well the track isn’t available yet!

Seeing images of the stunning Gresley pacifics (especially FS) really isn’t helping matters (but fortunately for my wallet, they aren’t particularly practical for shunting with).

Bravo Hornby! (Intended sincerely for the whole TT:120 range.)

@Martin (Posted - 14:04 16/2/2023)

Moderator Note:

It is in your own interest to have a unique user name. 

Could you please select ‘My Account’ towards the top right hand corner of your screen, then Community and choose a nickname in the ‘My Profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. We had hoped a Forum change was coming to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name. This request together with some other information for new posters is contained in a thread at the top of the General Discussion section called ‘Information for new members registering for the Forum’

More details here

• 1 month later...

I added this as a footnote plea to an email to marketing on another matter:

• Class 47/7 in Scotrail livery
  • Mk2f DBSO in Scotrail livery.

I’d add a BR Blue Peak and/or Class 40 to those.

As the Scotrail models are variations of planned models, hopefully this isn’t too much to hope. The DBSO can have various other liveries too as they’re still used by Network Rail and were in use with DRS with 37s in Cumbria only recently.

Watching those Scotrail push-pull trains pass through Princes Street Gardens in Edinburgh on a family holiday remains a vivid childhood memory.

I’m less bothered by accuracy and like the crowd-pleaser steam locomotives as well as 80s-90s era. If pressed/challenged, Flying Scotsman, Mallard and Evening Star could be specials/charters amongst modern stock. Or, I’ll develop a layout with swappable buildings etc 🤷🏻‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

Some modern western region commuter stock from the South East from now or the not too distant past.

Electrostar class 387/1 in GWR green.

Class 165/166 3 car set in GWR green.

Class 345 Elizabeth line livery.

Ideally the Electrostar would have front couplings allowing 2, 3 or 4 car sets to be linked if desired allowing 4, 8 or 12 coach running just like the real thing then I could relive the horror of the early morning commute into Paddington that I had to do before Covid.

Obviously none of this is likely to ever be made available!

Some modern western region commuter stock from the South East from now or the not too distant past.

Electrostar class 387/1 in GWR green.
Class 165/166 3 car set in GWR green.
Class 345 Elizabeth line livery.

Ideally the Electrostar would have front couplings allowing 2, 3 or 4 car sets to be linked if desired allowing 4, 8 or 12 coach running just like the real thing then I could relive the horror of the early morning commute into Paddington that I had to do before Covid.

Obviously none of this is likely to ever be made available!

I'm surprised Hornby haven't considered Electrostars.

They appear in a variety of contemporary liveries, compact for train sets, and they're local to Hornby's HQ!