Is anybody else having problems with DPD deliveries?

sxbiker

Today I got a 1hr Delivery slot from DPD (1704-1804). Because I have had problems with this particular delivery method before, (same driver, same scenario about 2 weeks ago) I sat by my front door from 1650 (14 minutes before 1st est. delivery time). At 1706 I received a text message saying "Sorry we missed you, our driver ----- won't be back today. We'll be back on wed 14.12.2022..."

The driver never came to my door. So I have to plan to wait in tomorrow. Incidentally this pkg was supposed to be delivered yesterday (Monday) but they had a problem.

Personally I would rather not have my Hornby parcels delivered by DPD, but I have no option because Hornby decide who they ship by.

I will give Customer Services a call tomorrow to see what can be done, though I don't hold out much hope.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is unusual I would probably rate DPD as one of the best delivery services, but as with all services it is reliant on the individual that delivers. I am having lots of issues with Royal Mail at the moment taking undue time delivering railway parts I order. Once upon a time it was next day, now it appears it could be up to a week. One package from Peters Spares took 2 months (they obviously lost that one and refound it). I have a class 59 from Rails which I imagine they sent Royal Mail/Parcel Force which would normally come in a day, but it looks like Friday due to them being on strike. So basically I think all the delivery firms have lots of issues at the moment made worse by the fact that they can't cope with the extra traffic caused by Royal Mail being unreliable.

I suppose the good bit might be if it really gets unreliable people might actually return to buying it from shops. Oh I forgot to mention Royal Mail haven't delivered for the last two days, obviously health and safety, although Evrie did, as did the Builders Merchant that delivered a load of wood for the roof to my extension. So we won't have had mail for 4 days once the strike is over, happy days.

I personally have never had an issue with DPD and will always choose them as my method of delivery if possible. I have the DPD app and it keeps me updated with every step of the process. Being able to track the driver in real time is also very handy for timing.

I think it very much comes down to the driver. I hear horrible things about Hermes, and rightly so, some things I’ve seen on the news about them are disgraceful, but I’ve never had a problem with them.

I’ve never had much luck with UPS or Parcel Force, but other people swear by them. Seems to be a bit of pot luck really.

As others have said. I think it is the luck of the draw as to which drivers are on your round.

I have never had any problems with DPD. My DPD service app provides a realtime map showing where my driver is on his round. His current drop number and what my drop number is. That way I can see exactly where he is and expected arrival time, and the app also gives you his mobile number should you want to contact him. Sounds like you are not being given detailed tracking info, or you are unaware how to access this delivery information.

With regard Hermes (rebranded EVRI) I don't have any issues with my round driver on that service either. I'm also on first name terms with my local Royal Mail delivery person as well. I can't remember the last time I had a 'last mile' delivery issue. Any issues have been with the sender not the courier used.

I know with Royal Mail my local delivery office is brilliant, but after talking to my local postman his boss has a lot of organisational issues (seems useless at scheduling). The issues seem to occur in the network, similarly Evrie. My local Evrie courier is brilliant but again the support system is rubbish. I must admit DPD are always good so I find it surprising you are having issues.

Never had a problem with DPD. As stated detailed tracking via the App and our local driver is faultless.

Ditto Royal Mail and ParcelForce although I did send something once with under-postage and it took three weeks to come back to me.

Evri are the work of the devil round here.

I think it is just this particular driver that is causing the problem. Another regular driver on my round is really good, I cannot fault. They seem to alternate, tomorrow it will be the good driver, then the next day the bad one.

I'm in Essex so what is happening in Manchester is irrelevant.

Never had a problem with DPD, they always delivered between the times that he message said they would.

Have had issues with Royal Mail in the past.

The worst one being a parcel that I sent "Registered & Signed for" not arriving at the destination.

When I put in the complaint the first response was " we will pay you the value of the contents" !

I complained further whereupon I was put intouch with the "alleged" manager of the depot in Belfast, (Where all lost parcels and letters" are sent to be returned to the sender.

This perso tried to tell me that a thorough search had been conducted and they could not locate my parcel !

Despite the parcel being clearly labelles with receiver and sender !

So after a fruitless arguement they gave me a few quid back.

Disgiusting service.

Now, I always try to use a courier such as DPD.

Joe H

The main issue I have is that when the parcel is missing, you cannot speak to anyone, just in general hopeless chatbots, programmed to fob you off. If you can manage to get in an on-line chat with a person, they just say we will investigate and it will take 72 hours.

Then they come back with here is the photo, it was delivered and you signed for it ! Of course it is a photo of somebodies else's door, but they still won't accept you have not got it. On that occasion we recognised the door, being the only white one in the village ! So I retrieved my parcel abandoned on their doorstep.

On another, they insisted it had been delivered correctly to the cafe. I do not live at the cafe - it is 100 yards away. It had been abandoned in an outbuilding and luckily by chance the owner found it as he infrequently goes into this outbuilding.

As someone said, it is about time we went back to visiting shops. There you can pay your money and collect the goods, no dispute or errors.

Issues are arising in general with chatboxes that are useless for anything but the most basic enquiries. You just end up with being directed to the website, which is not good enough hence why contact was attempted. Look on many sites and phone numbers are non existent. On-line chats can be useful though, for financial institutions, I have to admit.

I was going to say they appear to be the busiest delivery company around our way - apart from when Royal Fail are performing their usually excellent service.

I do remember when I've missed a delivery, how much hassle it's been to locate where to go, and then to actually collect the parcel - which admittedly was professionally handled and quickly transferred, but was quite some distance away from where I live.

Al.

Yodel has got to be the worst. I am doing some building work so there is a skip on my drive. I went out this afternoon to walk to the shop and get some milk, as I went past the skip I noticed a big parcel behind it. The guy couldn't be bothered to even knock the door. Normally I would have stayed in all day as it is cold, it was just luck I noticed it.

I have had the same problem with DPD in the past or they have even rang the door bell, dumped the package and ran before I could answer but this was over a year ago. I find that they have, they have improved no end since then. Hermes used to be not that good not giving us time to answer, but now their local agent has got to know us they allow a little more time to answer the door.

Royal Mail has got VERY bad. I found on tracked 48 hour package thrown over our back garden fence with a picture of a different package (meant for me) as the proof of delivery. Sadly I have not been able to track down this package as the closeup gives no clue as to where it was left.

Another package has disappeared completely (a Hornby C1 I bought from eBay) . The seller supplied tracking number says it was delivered (on the same day as the one that was thrown over the fence) but their is a signature (not mine) as proof of delivery. There was no red card left to say it was left with a neighbour and none of my neighbours know anything about it so I guess I've lost £80.

As a reult I am thinking of phoning Hattons to ask if they could send my pre-order by DPD rather than Royal Mail!

I have no connection with DPD, but in my town they are the best - first class service. I think with a lot of these delivery companies, it's down to the individual doing the delivery. I have watched many just jump out the van, place the parcel on the door step, knock the door and their off - they don't wait to see if anyone opens the door. We have a great group of neighbours and we all watch out for one another, so there is usually someone who spots a van/driver and will take a parcel in.

I think it is just this particular driver that is causing the problem. Another regular driver on my round is really good, I cannot fault. They seem to alternate, tomorrow it will be the good driver, then the next day the bad one.

I'm in Essex so what is happening in Manchester is irrelevant.

Report the 'bad' driver. If as you say you were waiting by the front door and know for sure he did not knock, go on the web site and put in a complaint. I had an issue, (also DPD) where a driver left my parcel propped up against my neighbour's front door. I put in a complaint and they were on the phone to me very quickly. That driver never appeared again. That, I think is the only time I have had delivery issues with DPD.

Brew man

I think the way the post office is performing retailer's will be looking for alternatives. My local postmen didn't leave the depot on Monday wouldn't come up our road because it's on a hill even though parcel force amazon and other assorted delivery drivers did,then to add insult to injury they went on strike for 2 days so we have had no post for 4 days

Similar thing happened around here, no post for 4 days. I had a pile of wood delivered on Tuesday morning when it was particularly bad, when I said to the guy didn't think you would come, he said we always deliver. I have also had deliveries from all the other major firms. I used to sing the praises of Royal Mail but so far I have had a Peters Spares parcel that took two months to arrive, EBay ones normally a week plus. Talk about a plan to destroy your business.

I have a regular EVRI (formerly known as Hermes) driver, never actually spoken to him, but he will leave the parcel on the doorstep, ring my video doorbell, then go back to his van. He always waits for me to open the door and pick it up and give the thumbs up before driving off. It’s really a small thing, but I think service like that is fantastic.

Ahhhh deliveries…

Our Post service is generally excellent in Chester le Street and my village and the local drop off service at the village post office works brilliantly.

DPD however is the one I have had most problems with, it’s their appalling tech. I downloaded their App to make delivery choices for an impending Hornby TT120 delivery, it’s terrible and doesn’t connect to their system. After an hour I gave up and deleted the app. Obviously I missed the driver and was unable to give alternatives. So it’s delivered to a collect in person store in town, which is a little newsagents/sweet shop that opens less than my brother’s wallet!

As I write this I am actually expecting a DPD Hornby TT120 delivery ….anytime now 😁

And it was perfect, thanks Ricardo