Apple Pie Express

JJ73

JJ have a look at some of the other makes on online auction sites. Grafar only had a few wagons but produced them with as many different logos as possible. Avoid some of the early box vans that were way too tall. Wrenn had the old Hornby Dublo range and did pretty much the same as did Lima with their HO and OO ranges.

A good Grafar one for this time of year would be the Terrys of York box van. Neapolitans anyone?

JJ Grafar is/was Graham Farish who’s brand name is now used in an extensive N gauge range. They were an early manufacturer of OO stock which included locos for 2 and 3 rail with some very odd drive systems. The ones you are most likely to come across are their large prairie that was made either with plunger pick-ups and a very poor motor or pick up through the wheels and a very good motor. The most common one is the 94xx pannier which was made up to the early 80s I think and has a range of motors, I have one with a large can motor which is almost silent and very powerful.

They made more wagons and coaches, they had some early metal coaches but then released some plastic ones based on LMS prototypes for suburban and mainline use. Each had a brake and a composite so only four mouldings but they were painted in all the four main company colours, at least two types in Southern and GWR and also in BR maroon. I have several sets, they are nice coaches and run superbly. Then there are the wagons…..if you can think of a company name they probably made one.

@ Rana :- I do have 2 large prairie but they are both made by Airfix & I do have a small rake of Pullman Carriages made by Hornby (3 of which have working table lamps (1 of which is slightly broken πŸ™))

@ Buz :- Well may be it should but I don't have any Mince Pies or Xmas cake at the mo. , well your asking about "Uhm how do you plan on shifting the custard or cream" - well I do believe that you can get a 'Birds Eye Custard Van / Wagon' - just simply fill it with Custard or cream - might get a little messy but hey ho!!!

@ Atom :- Well as I am a Vegetarian, it might be a Veggie-burger or some thing like that & I am more of a Cider drinker than a Sherry drinker!!! πŸ˜‰πŸš‚

Maybe O scale would be better perhaps the whole pie could sit on the wagon.

Β 

Β 

The commercial establishment I referenced previously (Hamburger Choo Choo) delivered full plates of food on flat cars.

Although it has been many decades, I recall 3 rail O Scale being the delivery train.

The train ran along the back side of the counter, stopping as needed. Your plate would stop directly in front of you! You would off load your full size plate. Then the train would trundle to the kitchen for another load!

The picture on the sign of the store is somewhat representative, but not accurate. Artistic license must be accounted for!

Β 

Β