what is included in the digital sound sets for the extra cost

happy tt

i know the sound set have txs sound chip fitted loco and you get three coaches in the set.

and a ovel of track .but what else do you get at the moment i run a tt layout and it is powered by a hornby hm6000 analogue controller and my german locos are dcc ready so i would like to fit them with the new chips nonsound.

so is there a hm 7020 15 v power supply adaper or hm 7040 bluetooth legacy dongol included in the set .

or just a 15 v power supply to run the set .and smartphone.lol

I too am hovering over the pre order button for the sound Eastener set, having already got the Scotsman set with which I am extremely pleased.

However it would be timely for Hornby to address a couple of queries here and now

a) how much functionality does the sound chip have

b) do you get a dcc controller in the set

So come on Margate, you now know where a lot of your tt market sits, and for those of us please provide some more tech info so that we can make an informed purchase

See my post just now in the Help with New Build thread where I have asked RAF96 to comment.

I believe the only extra thing in the digital sets is a fitted decoder and speaker. You certainly don’t get a dongle, it’s not needed in the set, even if you need it to run legacy (non-Bluetooth) decoders via the App. It has no purpose for HM7000 decoders.

And I don’t believe you get the adaptor cable either as originally envisaged. However, with the change of advice to not power the track with DC controllers, rather use direct PSU plus adapter connection, I believe the adaptor should now be added to the set so it will work for new owners out of the box.

Considering the R7229 (0-12v controller) and the P9000 (19v transformer) have a normal retail of 47 quid, I don't think it unreasonable that they should instead supply a P9100 (15v transformer) and a HM7020 (adaptor lead) with a value of £33.50 instead. Is it time to pester Simon again?

I believe david_watts1 is correct when he says that there will be only a power supply unit and a connector cable in the new TT:120 DCC sets. This was confirmed by SK and Carl in Thursday's Live Q&A (at about 40 minutes 35 seconds in) - there was a question by a viewer asking what controller would be in the sets and the answer was "basically, your phone or tablet" plus the app.

@Neil, welcome to the Forum

Moderator Note:

It is in your own interest to have a unique user name. 

Could you please select ‘My Account’ towards the top right hand corner of your screen, then Community and choose a nickname in the ‘My Profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. We had hoped a Forum change was coming to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name. This request together with some other information for new posters is contained in a thread at the top of the General Discussion section called ‘Information for new members registering for the Forum’

More details here