What did you receive today?

South Coast Flyer

My 08 didn't make the shipment for today's post, but hopefully be with me tomorrow. In the meantime, I've just taken delivery of some lovely wee scenic details. Gravestones, park benches, litter bins, picnic tables, gorse bushes and patches of heather. Photos awaiting mod approval in the Hollybush Railway photos thread. grinning

Pleased that you received your 08 and are enjoying it. My example was a bit juddery at first but quickly settled down. Sadly, the track and coaches I ordered were despatched from the warehouse last night but according to the DPD app, the package hasn’t been picked up yet. *shrug*

Today I received A4 WW back from ‘the works’ new motor and TXS decoder….. except all was not well.

No obvious sign of damage to packaging. Loco is in the ‘egg crate’ in a sleeve, in bubble wrap, paper padding the inside foam, cardboard inserts then inside a cardboard shipping box wrapped with tape and marked, Care Fragile

So I didn’t expect the reversing rod to fall out and certainly did not expect to see the loco to tender connecting bar bent at such and angle, the wiring unraveled and hanging loose or the tender body broken off (that clip fell out later.

So it’s back again to be repaired. I offered to do it myself if they sent the parts but no body spares are available. They were most apologetic and were keen to have the loco back and investigate. How long before I have it back? Who knows?

My gut feeling is that someone has dangled it by the tender and the weight has bent backwards bending the bar and snapping the tender body. I see people handling locos like this and it’s a terrible idea. I did wonder if it had been dropped but there would be more outer impact damage.

forum_image_646b694055594.thumb.png.7d9466b5028f3ac16552396ba9fff8b1.pngforum_image_646b694c1a3c6.thumb.png.704552548ba4d2aa2bea764bb06dda11.pngforum_image_646b69557096a.thumb.png.f4bc413f3d73f988cb81aa0a9c4e4bda.png

Railbob, I see where you are coming from but there would be witness marks in all the other parts of the packaging if it was a weight on the top of the loco and tender in its package. The damage is definitely outside of the packaging, this happened before it was packed to be sent back. If you try bending an ‘egg cart’ that the locos sit in you will see just how strong they are, if you can bend them, the stress area turns white.

Perhaps the new CEO should grow a pair and engage with customers, SK gave out his email and was ‘on it’ but the man at the top is MIA.

Rallymatt,

If it’s what you think has happened and has then I’d be very unhappy as well, it’s a poor show to allow the return of WW in the state that it did, I honestly think they need to tighten up on QC issues across the board.

Railbob

I am 100% certain I received the same WW back as it had the rear coupling removed. I replaced the Hornby one with a Tillig one, last time WW went back I did get a new model and ‘lost’ my Tillig coupling! Thinking the same could happen I popped it out, just in case. The lamp brackets on mine also have traces of tacky wax where I put the head code lamps on.

I will say, the person I spoke with in tech yesterday was very unhappy about the situation and it really isn’t normal for this to happen. WW was wheeled in at 10:46 this morning….

Today I have mostly been receiving the following items:

• Two Mk1 maroon composites
  • An additional Track Pack 1 for some more straight track
  • A 6 pin Lok DCC decoder

Track Pack 1 still had the incorrect radius 4 curve, but that’ll come in handy anyway.

Two track pack 4s coming tomorrow (hopefully) to help build a radius 4 loop. I now need to stop buying stuff.

The order I received today was placed on Wednesday and was stuck in the “no mans land” between Hornby despatch and DPD pickup from Friday until last night. The order on its way now was placed yesterday.

Arrived today but waiting my return home tomorrow. I hope LNER behaves!

08 shunter (I hope that behaves too)

Track pack 1

Additional points and r6 curves.

I should have enough track now to extend the oval and to complete the goods loop in the circuit. Some additional sidings may be needed to store coaches when not in use but this is for later.

I may improvise a turntable if I can make it work, but it will not be powered. Push on, push off but in reality little different to the "crane from heaven" or "hand of God" that would otherwise be needed to turn a loco. I hope I get the track alignment right to avoid using the re-railer.

A concern is the report that 08 is overheight. I don't think there will be enough clearance in the goods shed I reported elsewhere, but as I have scalescenes I can always start again with a larger ratio than 65%. My main shed is reverse in only but it is tight clearance for the brake van if this goes in first. Maybe I don't need the brake for a short goods rake shunting operation anyway.

The ebay seller had these listed as resin 3dp for Z gauge, Plastic 3dp prints for N and 00.

As is my nature, I messaged and asked if they would do me them in TT120 in resin (as that gives a nicer finish), they kindly obliged. They also now list the TT in Plastic.

forum_image_64772bbed7372.thumb.png.097dff03f0b1748d9e1d63a1b93678b4.png

I did find the file available on thingieverse, so downloaded and had a fiddle, and printed them on my 3DP. Not as nice as the resin, but will be plenty good enough for the back row slightly_smiling_face

forum_image_64772bc167d14.thumb.png.905638f234efab653259c3f58282a9e2.png

I am now just drawing up some windows for them nerd_face