Sound fitted loco's

Hobo1707823141

The sound fitted TT:120 Loco's will come with the new HM7000 Decoders that can be loaded / reloaded as often as you want with any of the available sounds (More being added all the time), free of charge, using the App, which should be available soon.

Considering the sound fitted locos & train sets will include HM7k decoders, (which come with generic, that the user updates to their choice) I would expect these items to be the same.

In my opinion Hornby are extremely unlikely to choose the additional expense of getting the factory to install the relevant sound file - especially considering these items are cheaper than purchasing the loco/train set & decoder separately!

We won’t need to answer any more of this type of question after the manual appears, will we?

We wish.

And the answer - you’ll get a real sound file along with a real motor tweaks for optimal running of your particular loco. If not this week, then next or the week after.

PS. Apologies Hobo, no disrespect intended, perfectly valid question as of today, maybe different tomorrow. Although better an answer with a page number reference (3 digit) than a straight RTFM.

As decoders are being cleared for delivery it’s quite likely that the App will be going live this week, early this week even. Bespoke sound and running files are part of the app with decoders pre loaded with a generic sound file, at least that’s my understanding

As decoders are being cleared for delivery it’s quite likely that the App will be going live this week, early this week even. Bespoke sound and running files are part of the app with decoders pre loaded with a generic sound file, at least that’s my understanding

Correct with regard to the sound and running files info, noting that as the decoders have been sat in the warehouse pending release of the app their firmware files will need updating for starters along with the chosen new sound load.

As for the app, wait for Hornby to announce it and as if by magic it will appear in the App Store.

It is likely that factory sound fitted locos will have the correct file loaded but also likely these will need an update which will be flagged by the app if necessary.