Now hobby points cost you.

Too Tall

Now, if you use hobby points and it goes below £50, postage is charged, never was before slightly_frowning_face

They better not charge my wagons pre order postage if they ship them one at a time !

Edit: Cancelled pre-orders and ordered as one order to ensure that doesn't happen !

@tt Glad you pointed that out. Just bought a Pullman and brake van and used my hobby points. I didn't realise till I saw your post and checked the invoice that they have charged me postage because the total was now less than 50 quid. It won't happen again. I now will only order 'in stock' items and make sure the total stays above the £50 limit.

Just checked and shipping should still be free on orders over £50 within the UK.

It wasnt for me. Ordered a TXS decoder. came up as free post. Applied 2115 points and because it takes the total below £50 i was charged postage.

Same previously i had 6000+ points from ordering TT120 stuff. Ordered some 00 wagons - well over £60 worth - applied the points and again was charged postage.

Ahg ... quoted Dodge and post is off for moderation ... I did try to remove pic but then it wouldn't let me type outside the quote window hushed

Basically, Dodge, that was my point, its because your points use takes the amount you pay (not what the order value is) to £6.07p , so under the £50.

Previously it would be on order value, not what you pay value.

I suspect that pre orders could also suffer postage costs if they ship them individually as they did in the past ...

@dodge to get free postage, you need to ensure the total (you are actually paying) exceeds £50 after any discounts have been applied (including spending hobby reward points).

Edit - I have confirmed the truth of my statement by placing an order that still exceeded £50 after hobby rewards reduction & received free delivery.

I just made two orders. One with Hornby (some of new wagons) and one with Humbrol (which is as we all know part of the Hornby Hobbies group). Both well above £50 and without using my points. And in both cases I didn't pay for shipping, so free shipping above £50 is still a thing, definitely.

The overall, 'The amount you pay today' total including any discounts and points needs to stay above £50. I just ordered a brake van, a tanker and some track, used my points to make the total £50.59 and the postage was free.

@dodge If you check your order, after discounts and points it's only about 3 quid, which is why you paid postage. In other words, only use enough points to leave the 'Subtotal' above 50 quid.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I might add to my plank wagon pre-orders, so I stuck 3 more in the basket just now.

With discount they were not quite £50, but thats not the issue.

Each wagon had a 3.99 delivery by it !

So pre-ordering is not the best way unless you have a single item over £50 after discount.

I shall just wait until in stock to order extras.

MikeMart, that would be a much better idea. Perhaps a monthly shipping option, Hornby know what’s coming. I have had deliveries a day apart for 3 days, fortunately for me they were when free shipping was in force but must have cost Hornby more than it needed to

I’m in Canada so postage is expensive. This means I don’t preorder anything. I waited until there was £200 worth (threshold for free shipping to Canada) of items I wanted in stock and then put together an order. Needless to say I won’t be putting together orders very often!

i also saw an odd glitch when I preordered an Easterner DCC set. Although the total with discount was just under £200 it said shipping was free. I questioned this with Hornby logistics but they never got back to me so I canceled the order. I didn’t trust the system

Used up all of my currents hobby points but I was able to discount much further when using them, for example a couple of items that would have cost me over £20 would cost little more than £4 after membership and points applied! So complaints whatsoever! :)

Used up all of my currents hobby points but I was able to discount much further when using them, for example a couple of items that would have cost me over £20 would cost little more than £4 after membership and points applied! So complaints whatsoever! :)

• 8 months later...

I know this is an old post, but here goes anyway.

I find it really annoying that when you spend points only you have to pay postage. For example, if I buy anything over £50.00 and pay with money it's free postage, but if I spend my points I have to pay postage. I have over 20,748 points potentially worth over £200.00. but if I place a £200.00 order and use points only, Hornby charge postage making the points worth a lot less than they suggest, even worse if I place a £50.00 order and pay postage, as that would mean any benefit from the points is wasted.

As a Hornby shareholder (a very minimal amount) this saddens me.