Easterner train set

Slimboyjim

hi rallymat yes very simple maths i think i am getting old it took me three goes to get it right .it is about £29.50 pounds for the discount and 1,650pts or £16.50 so that is about £46.00

i think i am right i have never been good at maths

Glad you got there, slightly cheeky of me, sorry, but the point I was alluding too is retailers can confuse people by offering ‘a reduced price’ (which is their want) but the combined offers with TT Club discount at 15% and Hobby Points at 10% and (on many purchases) free delivery add up to much more.

When people were moaning that retailers were not getting TT:120 they failed to realise that the ‘dealer margins’ were being given to customers. Things are about to get a lot more expensive now it’s going retail 😁

Hope you get the best deal Happy TT 👍

thanks rallymatt some people were moaning about sk at hornby a lot at the start of tt 120 , lt would not sell and it was the size has n and you could do more with n in the same space , so why buy it but he was right about it selling and tt club discount it was better to give it to the club members 15% plus 10% and not to the retailers, some people want the world . why is it not in the model shops has you say dealer margins and we all have to pay more , on a litter note highfell looks great i have not looked at you posts for a week or two highfell is come on a treat i like the names lowerfell highfell i was going make joke you could name a small station fellover on a branch line, i have had a german tt layout for four years and was very happy when hornby start selling tt 120 , best of luck with you layout

grinningthumbsup happy tt

grinning hi rallymatt .

i will do that i started my tt layout 2019 but did not get very far but i did get some tilling train -sets and locos at the start of that year .

but had to stop for a time because of covid could not order trom germany for a while .

my layout has two boards.

board a is 2 meters by 1 meter and board b is 2 meters by 1 meter,

are joined short edge to edge short board a it has a tail chaser on it with three siding

and a branch line. the branch line goes along the outer edge of board a , across a river bridge the river is on board b and takes up 8 inches in width and the river is a meter long across the board from outer edge to inner edge the line goes along the out edge of board b and turns 45% across the board to the inner edge of board b which is against a wall so it has the river to the left hand side has it goes across the board

to form a rail goods depot and river dock for river barges to unload it looks like a stretched six that is 4 meters by 1 meter the boards are held together by lose pin hinges and are easy to take apart so when i build board c i can make it different maybe longer and has long has i join the short edges to together or i can lose the river its up to me. cant wait to get a class 66 got one on pre order for £87 not bad plus 870 points=£8 70 happy me grinning

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Ollie, yes weighed it up its £10 cheaper £165. 74 if I wait till Early November for my Easterner train set from Hornby, Fritzinghall models are doing it at £175 .50 now but not sure why the shops are getting these train sets before the customer pre orders

To add a bit a of clarity, I double checked what was in stock at that retailer. It looks like the DCC Easterner set is in stock, but the Easterner DC set isn’t. In layman’s terms, they have the app control set but not the traditional set. Hornby had the app-based Easterner sets in stock up until a few days ago (the anniversary event cleaned them out).

So, if you would like to cancel your Hornby order and go for an app-based set (at additional cost) you can do that. Of course, I would doublecheck to make sure you have a compatible phone. Otherwise, waiting is the name of the game unfortunately. Lots of demand for these sets and products!