Free Christmas Tree and Locomotive Promotion 2023

Kenneth-365689

Hi all, Hornby are giving away Christmas Trees and a 0 4 0 loco if you order in stock items valued at £I00 plus. I have checked Hornby site price against my local model shop, and whilst I could buy the items that I want at a 10% discount locally , the cost of a similar tree from my local Garden Centre would be £50 to £60 so it makes sense to get a tree from Hornby. I have therefore just ordered 3 more Blood and Custards to go behind my newly arrived Falcon. I. Wiil let you know if the tree is any good when it arrives.. 🌲🚂🎄.. PS. Apparently only first 600 orders.. Limited stock of trees, so if you want to take advantage get in quick 🚅.

Is 0-4-0 locomotive in TT120 scale? Not explicitly stated anywhere as far as I can see. Is it R30088? Could someone share a photo of it please?

There is no way this loco will be in TT120 scale I'm afraid. I've got one on the way, I'm sure it's 00 gauge. It's a shame it's such a useless looking loco, why would anyone want that on their layouts? I don't do 00 gauge so it's going straight into my shop for sale.

It’s a fun trainset rather than detailed model. The sort of thing someone sets up around the base of the Christmas Tree and has wizzing round. If it was an unwanted prize, I’m sure a local hospital or children’s home would happily give it an appreciative home 😁