Class 50 locomotives

Mulsanne88

The Mk2f's are really nice runners, only tried them on radius 3 curves so far and will run them on radius 2 later on. It pulls my train of 4 x Mk2 coaches and a Mk3 Restaurant car well.

Will try it with the TTA tankers next.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

The Spring edition of the TT120 Club magazine is stating that the class 37 will be in BR and EWS liveries:

New diesel and electric locomotives
include the Class 31 A1A-A1A in BR green,
BR blue and EWS liveries, and the Class 37
Co-Co in BR and EWS liveries.

So this may not be in BR Blue intitially but another one to watch for when it goes on pre-order!!!

Edited by Stephen-1260829
clarification on BR Colours for the class 37

7 minutes ago, Skelton Junction said:

The first mk2f I’ve unboxed has optional magnetic couplings included 

I've not opened mine yet. I'm waiting until the kids have gone to bed so I can open them safely and without disturbance. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Has anyone managed to get the body back on after installing a decoder?  The decoder is blocking a screw hole.  There’s no way a screw would pass through that at the correct angle.  But the body won’t fully seat anyway as the screw hole on the underside of the roof dislodges the decoder. 
Shame.

image.jpg

Edited by BigTop

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, BigTop said:

Has anyone managed to get the body back on after installing a decoder?  The decoder is blocking a screw hole.  There’s no way a screw would pass through that at the correct angle.  But the body won’t fully seat anyway as the screw hole on the underside of the roof dislodges the decoder. 
Shame.

image.jpg

Edited by TT-Tim

Posted (edited)

The Sir Edward Elgar is quite classy with the Pullmans. I think this will be my rail tour train. 

My first time with HM7000 and loving the realistic startups and of course the horns and lights 🙂

I have got a rake of 4 of the🤫executive Mk2F's, but I'm not supposed to know about them as they are a present.

Edited by Invicta
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BigTop said:

Shame.

image.jpg

I appear to have successfully installed the decoder and speaker as both function correctly. However one, apparently innocuous, R3 curve unseats a bogie on both blue and green. This may have something to do with the screw you mention troubling a bogie but it’s only on one of the curves and none of the others. Further investigation tomorrow. 

Well I was going to post pictures of the Class 50 with a freight rake but unfortunately it just now spins its motor and moves slowly. Yet again Hornby's quality has failed. I found the drive shaft on the track nearby. Same thing happened with 3 HST's that got returned. There was neither a derailment or collision, literally went to change the coaches.

It does make me wonder if the packing has anything to do with it. While it was well wrapped in bubble wrap, the box it was put in did allow it to move around during delivery.

To say I'm annoyed is an understatement.

IMG_2438.jpeg

IMG_2437.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Skelton Junction said:

One of us has the decoder the wrong way round 

image.jpg

What do I win?  A fully assembled dcc sound fitted loco.  I had tried that way initially but I thought the fit was a bit odd due to the two wires beneath it.  And I wasn’t expecting it to work either way round.  Only the second decoder I’ve fitted.  Thanks for the nudge.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Tim Allen said:

Well I was going to post pictures of the Class 50 with a freight rake but unfortunately it just now spins its motor and moves slowly. Yet again Hornby's quality has failed. I found the drive shaft on the track nearby. Same thing happened with 3 HST's that got returned. There was neither a derailment or collision, literally went to change the coaches.

It does make me wonder if the packing has anything to do with it. While it was well wrapped in bubble wrap, the box it was put in did allow it to move around during delivery.

IMG_2438.jpeg

IMG_2437.jpeg

I would think that the packing has a lot to do with that. Even if handled carefully by the courier staff, during transit the retail box will have moved around, jolted and been shaken within the outer packaging.

The logistics company staff seem to choose outer packaging for each package at random. I seem to recall that my Mk3s were delivered with a single coach in the same sized outer box as, or larger outer box than, the separate package containing the other 3! 

Edited by Moccasin

13 minutes ago, gc4946 said:

Sorry to hear the same issue of drive shafts popping out, I'll wait till I visit a store to buy a class 50 so it can be test run in my presence

I'm thinking the same, I might ask for refund and pop to Rails to collect in person. 

1 hour ago, Tim Allen said:

IMG_2438.jpeg

IMG_2437.jpeg

Understand your frustration, I had this with my Swift HST but I managed to re-fit it and haven’t had any issues since. Shouldn’t have to do it but rather try than hassle/delay of sending back 

• Like 1