Class 50 locomotives

Mulsanne88

Just now, PeterM67 said:

However better than the 3 Duchess's they have moved out to the 22nd July!

Thats a shame Peter - they were showing as 24th June before if I'm right. Encouraging however that the 50s haven't changed

Posted (edited)

Only the digital duchess has dropped back to July. The LMS is 29th this month along with the 57' coaches in era 3, 4, & 5. The Era 4 & 5 Duchesses are 12th June for DC versions. This is also the release date set for the HAA hoppers.

The class 50 for both DC & DCC and era 7 & 8 are now 21st of this month along with the Mk2f coaches.

Edited by Tim Allen

A class 50 Sir Edward Elgar could be my birthday treat if the production examples look and perform as well as the sample displayed at various model railway events, will wait and see ...

On 15/05/2024 at 09:41, Postman On The Rails said:

Date moved to 21st

On 15/05/2024 at 10:45, John-L said:

Getting excited for the 50 and MK2 release.  Hope it’s not too delayed.

Me too, I hope it doesn't move again. I do suspect we dropped back to the 21st due to 17th being a Friday and having to do all those pre-orders end of week. Tuesday gives them Monday to despatch all the weekend orders before release.

It may all be nonsense and have a completely different reason for the delay...

• Like 1

I’ve put mine through The Model Centre this time instead of direct, which is what I’ve done in the past. Be interesting to see who gets what when. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skelton Junction said:

4th March 2023 I ordered my two 50s from this website (as it was the only source at that time). If I don’t get mine first I’m going to sulk. 

I ordered my Elgar on 21/12/22 so I had better be numero uno or my sulk will be huge!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, GMD said:

I’ve put mine through The Model Centre this time instead of direct, which is what I’ve done in the past. Be interesting to see who gets what when. 

I’ve got a number of things ordered through TMC (Princess coronation, J50, era 5 08 and locomotion) because they will combine shipping on preorders. It won’t change my choice but they only got the new Hornby TT buildings last week so I’m prepared for a bit of a delay. 

On 01/05/2024 at 15:18, Invicta said:

I originally ordered an Eddy, because I love the look, but then decided to base my layout in South East London / Kent. Don't think any 50's made it round to this side of Waterloo, so bit out of place. But in the end I decided to charge my order to a Leviathan as it passes a cursory inspection, is also handsome and I think my 08's are getting lonely. 

A few 50s appeared in Kent

https://theisleofthanetnews.com/2021/07/30/thunderer-locomotive-scheduled-to-pass-through-the-district/

"Class 50s never worked in service on Kent Coast Services, but two class members did a round trip through Thanet back in the 1990s – 50032 COURAGEOUS and 50034 FURIOUS carrying the infamous Network SouthEast livery.

50025 was noted at Dover having hauled the Manchester – Dover Western Docks Intercity service from Mitre Bridge, whilst 50008 THUNDERER worked to Dollands Moor, Folkestone, with a stone blower for European Export via the Channel Tunnel and worked back to Derby light Engine on August 2, 2018"

Double header near Luton, Chatham https://www.flickr.com/photos/semmytrailer/3279857972

• Like 1

29th October 50026 + 50032 worked the 'Malt and Hops' railtour from Watford Jct. to Kings Cross via various locations in Kent and East Anglia.  

Various images of tour on internet, just google 'Malt and Hops Railtour'. 

• Like 1

It looks like we’re still on for D Day tomorrow. Still down for 21st. Fingers crossed the 50s and mk2 coaches are released. 

Mines going to be busy with main line express, branch line local and freight duties lined up. 

• Like 1

I will be waiting a bit longer - Rails of Sheffield have my order.  I doubt that Hornby would be shipping to the retailers early, so that the release date is consistent.

I have still have three MKI coaches on pre-order with Hornby - no idea when these will be released.  Hopefully in a couple of months time, so that the credit card has time to recover.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stephen-1260829 said:

I will be waiting a bit longer - Rails of Sheffield have my order.  I doubt that Hornby would be shipping to the retailers early, so that the release date is consistent.

I have still have three MKI coaches on pre-order with Hornby - no idea when these will be released.  Hopefully in a couple of months time, so that the credit card has time to recover.

Not sure which mk1 you have on order, as far as I am aware all mk1s are available. The mk2f are due tomorrow and the mk2e are next April/May. 

• Like 1

Class 50's are my favorite loco (as my profile pic 🙂 ) . I currently have 17 in '00' scale, 7 Hornby and 10 Lima.   Don't currently have 50040 so I can justify having one (or more 🙂 ) in TT scale. 

• Like 3