Class 50 locomotives

Mulsanne88

1 hour ago, Irishmail said:

Class 50's are my favorite loco (as my profile pic 🙂 ) . I currently have 17 in '00' scale, 7 Hornby and 10 Lima.   Don't currently have 50040 so I can justify having one (or more 🙂 ) in TT scale. 

Wow! you really do like the class 50, only 1 though and not both? The only OO loco I have are an Airfix Class 31 which has © 1977 on the box so I'm assuming that is when the tooling was done. The class 50 can carry the torch so to speak until the 31 eventually arrives in TT scale.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tim Allen said:

Wow! you really do like the class 50, only 1 though and not both? The only OO loco I have are an Airfix Class 31 which has © 1977

Class 31 was my favourite diesel when I was on OO. I had both the Triang and Airfix (reissued as Mainline) and I absolutely loved the Lima version with its separate handrails.

Hopefully there will be news about the Hornby TT version soon. I’d love to add that to my layout in 2026.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peachy said:

So is today the day? Fingers crossed everyone 

Can’t wait to see the photos of everyone’s class 50’s.

we should try and arrange a forum (virtual) great gathering!!!

I will be late to the party as I went through Rails of Sheffield 

We shall see if today is the day. Even if the metadata is correct it might only mean they arrive in the Warehouse today?  I imagine there will be a few days lag while they unpack shipments, process orders and ship them. If I have mine in the next week or two I’ll be happy. 🙂

• Like 1

I checked page source just now and both types of Class 50 are showing as 23/05. 

9 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

Hmmmm I am wondering if the latest releases will be available after 27/05/24 considering an email sent on 17/05/24? 
Would be nice if wasn’t the case 😁

good point - though if 23/05 is correct, they should show in stock before 27th. Was that offer sent on 17/5 sent to all? When chasing up my Mk3 Reward Points, I asked whether the spend included using points. They said it did but I still don't have enough to make the offer sufficiently palatable as it's proving to be an expensive few months.

• Like 2

I never got this offer. Not that there is anything I want that is current in stock!

Late last year they did send me one of these offer emails however I decided not to accept when I noticed it would involve a spend of £1,500 🤣

7 minutes ago, PeterM67 said:

I never got this offer. Not that there is anything I want that is current in stock!

Late last year they did send me one of these offer emails however I decided not to accept when I noticed it would involve a spend of £1,500 🤣

Mine was £50 off £550. £300 would have been more palatable, £1500 would have been pointless!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

Snap Peter, more victimisation of the poor down trodden North East!!! 
or

Its based on past spending 😁

Clearly the algorithm has both. Past spending and an additional IF statement based on NE and DH postcodes!

• Like 1

It's weird isn't it. I got £50 off £400 which is 12.5% whereas £50 off £300 and £250 off £1,500 are both 16.7% so better offers, but of course the one requiring a £1,500 spend is not as usable. 

Plus we've just had a 15% off offer recently, so hard to see these offers being taken up, unless the 50's and the coaches do come into stock.

18 hours ago, Tim Allen said:

Not sure which mk1 you have on order, as far as I am aware all mk1s are available. The mk2f are due tomorrow and the mk2e are next April/May. 

I am still awaiting the following three coaches (Pre-order status: pending):

TT4037 BR 57' Corridor 3rd M2001M

TT4032 BR 57' Corridor 1st M1040M

TT4036 BR 57' Corridor 1st M10603M

I ordered these when I originally pre-ordered the Duchess of Abercorn (to go with this loco and the William Whitelaw) then cancelled the Duchess and ordered the Class 50.