Class 50 locomotives

Mulsanne88

Posted (edited)

Good job releases were delayed until 23rd, image the comments if there had been a double point event 2 days after release.

Ordered Era 7 Mk2F coaches, already have Leviathan on order from pre original price rises. I bet coaches arrive first.

Hopefully the double points don't take too long to appear, still waiting for my HST pre order ones.

Edited by Herbie

Just now, Postman On The Rails said:

It’s a shame it’s released so close to the bank holiday again will probably mean won’t arrive until after boooo 😝 

It is probally after the bank holiday, because the banks will have too much work between now and the weekend taking all the pre-order credit card payments!! 🙂

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Good job releases were delayed until 23rd, image the comments if there had been a double point event 2 days after release.

Order Mk2F coach, already have Leviathan on order from pre original price rises. I bet coaches arrive first.

Hopefully the double points don't take too long to appear, still waiting for my HST pre order ones.

I’d email Hornby about your points. I’ve now had to do it for the HST & the Mk3s. Something seems wrong with the points being applied, maybe it’s a pre-order thing. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Herbie said:

Ordered Era 7 Mk2F coaches, already have Leviathan on order from pre original price rises. I bet coaches arrive first.

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago about the HST (and others) hobby points. There was a glitch in the system at that time. The points were added a couple of days later.

Edited by Baz657
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Baz657 said:

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago about the HST (and others) hobby points. There was a glitch in the system at that time. The points were added a couple of days later.

Emailed after 21 days for each of mine and it was a glitch each time to me it’s not a glitch if it fails each time for three orders 

It sounds like for many people they will be wishing the Bank Holiday away as fast as possible 🤣 

2 versions selling out in 4 hours! I know it’s all dependent on stock levels but considering how long the 50 has been in the pipeline and all the teasers with development shots, I can’t imagine Hornby only allocated a dozen or so to the webshop. I do wonder if the slight delay was to enable the double points promotion to kick in, there are a few OO items due now I think. Meanwhile I am patiently waiting for a Princess (and 9f!) 😁

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

Meanwhile I am patiently waiting for a Princess (and 9f!

Princess Coronation Matt. Princess was a different class, unless you are waiting for one of those lol. I would love the 9F to be one of the  unmentioned or development stage models but doubt it so patience will have to be a virtue in this case. 

• Like 1

Nationwide have just notified me that I'm getting £100 from them next month just for being a member. That might tip the balance towards me using that for some 2Fs, rather than my reward points which can then be saved for something else .... clearly I was notified of the unexpected bonus this week for a reason (I will choose to ignore the fact that I have other major expenses to pay for over the next few weeks)

• Like 2

I blame the dog.

I didn't pre-order Leviathan with sound and I thought I'll order one when I get back from taking her for a walk. Didn't expect them to sell out in four hours.

Any guesses when they'll come back into stock?

Martin

Posted (edited)

For those keeping score, Hornby TT:120 has had a great year! New toolings so far... 

1) Class 43s (5 product variants released so far)

2) Class 50s (4 product variants released so far)

3) Mk 3s (23 product variants released so far)

4) MK 2fs (6 product variants released so far) 

5) 50'/57' LMS Coaches (1 product variant released so far)

This means Hornby TT:120 is up to 39 new pieces of rolling stock across 5 tooling projects for 2024. And things are just getting started. By the end of the year...

1) 17x new LMS Coaches

2) 6x new Princess Coronations 

3) 6x HAAs

4) 2x new train sets

5) 10x Class 66s 

6) 3x J50s

7) 3x Sffgmss Wagons

8 )2x Pullmans  

9) 3x 21 Ton mineral wagons

10) 2x 12T Tanks

11) 1x Class 08

So, assuming I haven't missed anything or had an oversight adding things up, there are still 55 remaining products to be released in 2024 (not including buildings, track components, signals). With three upcoming newly-tooled locomotives and two newly-tooled wagons this year. 

Great!

Edited by Generic Hornby Username
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Generic Hornby Username said:

For those keeping score, Hornby TT:120 has had a great year! New toolings so far... 

1) Class 43s (5 product variants released so far)

2) Class 50s (4 product variants released so far)

3) Mk 3s (23 product variants released so far)

4) MK 2fs (6 product variants released so far) 

5) 50'/57' LMS Coaches (1 product variant released so far)

This means Hornby TT:120 is up to 39 new pieces of rolling stock across 5 tooling projects for 2024. And things are just getting started. By the end of the year...

1) 17x new LMS Coaches

2) 6x new Princess Coronations 

3) 6x HAAs

4) 2x new train sets

5) 10x Class 66s 

6) 3x J50s

7) 3x Sffgmss Wagons

8 )2x Pullmans  

9) 3x 21 Ton mineral wagons

10) 2x 12T Tanks

11) 1x Class 08

So, assuming I haven't missed anything or had an oversight adding things up, there are still 55 remaining products to be released in 2024 (not including buildings, track components, signals). With three upcoming newly-tooled locomotives and two newly-tooled wagons this year. 

Great!

No doubt there will still be some saying Hornby have not introduced enough for a new scale.  

It is hard to believe we have so much in less than 18 months. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Martin-369195 said:

I blame the dog.

I didn't pre-order Leviathan with sound and I thought I'll order one when I get back from taking her for a walk. Didn't expect them to sell out in four hours.

Any guesses when they'll come back into stock?

Martin

I doubt they've actually sold out and it's just that not all stock has been added to the shop inventory. New stuff often shows out of stock and then miraculously reappears the next day. Maybe the rest are in a different container which hasn't been unpacked yet! Try again tomorrow. If you want to get the double points and they don't show in stock by tomorrow lunchtime, maybe give customer services a call to see if they can help.

Edited by Moccasin
spelling
  • Like 1

Green one and blue one payment taken (12:41pm) and processing. That'll be a couple of the next 18 chips accounted for (couldn't resist a few when Hattons were closing). Next question is.... will they arrive together or days apart?